Windows Security is the default antivirus program shipped with Windows 10. However, if you plan to use a third part Security of Anti Virus solution, here is how to disable Windows Security in Windows10
How to Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10
With Windows 10, Windows Defender or Windows Security has improved a lot and can replace your regular antivirus software. Windows Security is based on the Microsoft Security Essentials app, which offers better protection by adding full-blown protection against all kinds of malware.
- Go to Windows Settings > Update and Security > Windows Security
- Click on Open Windows Security to open it
- In the security app, click on Virus and Threat protection > manage
- The settings screen allows you to Switch Real-time protection to Off.
- Toggle it on if you want to enable it.
That said, even with this turned off, the scheduled scans will continue to run. However, files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned.
It will make sure that Windows Security as an antivirus doesn’t work anymore, but it will keep securing in otherways like tapered protection, folder protection, and more. The list includes
- Virus & threat protection. Monitor threats to your device, run scans, and get updates to help detect the latest threats. (Some of these options are unavailable if you’re running Windows 10 in S mode.)
- Account protection. Access sign-in options and account settings, including Windows Hello and dynamic lock.
- Firewall & network protection. Manage firewall settings and monitor what’s happening with your networks and internet connections.
- App & browser control. Update settings for Windows Defender SmartScreen to help protect your device against potentially dangerous apps, files, sites, and downloads. You’ll have exploit protection, and you can customize protection settings for your devices.
- Device security. Review built-in security options to help protect your device from attacks by malicious software.
- Device performance & health. View status info about your device’s performance health, and keep your device clean and up to date with the latest version of Windows 10.
- Family options. Keep track of your kids’ online activity and the devices in your household.
The best part of Windows Security is that it will turn off automatically when you install another antivirus and turn on when you uninstall it. I hope the tutorial was easy to follow, and you were able to enable or disable Windows Security in Windows 10.