Party Chat is one feature I use on the daily basis when I game on my Xbox. Not only it helps to game better, but it’s fun with friends. We all recognize when our friends speak, but when you are in a game with random, it takes a while. Today, Xbox is getting a Party Chat Overlay, just like achievement tracker, which will help you know who is using the microphone.
You can choose where to place the overlay, and how transparent it will be. It will display the Gamertag of the player whenever they speak, and when no one is talking, the window will be invisible.
More Fan Requested Feature:
- Share your Looking for Group post on the Activity Feed or through a message.
- Unfollow a Club or Game Hub directly from your Activity Feed.
- The profile will display your Arena tournament history and upcoming tournaments.
- For Beam and Twitch broadcasts, you will now have an option in the Guide for your Kinect to locate you automatically.
- Captive Portal support for wireless internet is coming to Xbox One, which allows for Wi-Fi authentication through a browser. Great for colleges, hotels, or public Wi-Fi locations.
- Filter posts on your Activity Feed on the Xbox app for iOS and Android.
- On the Xbox app for Windows 10, we’re adding the option to select the audio input and output sources for Party chat.
via Xbox News