Fitbit launched Ionic a couple of months ago, in October to be precise, which made it at par with the Smartwatches including Android Wear and Apple Watch in terms of features. However, there is lot more ground to cover for Fitbit to compete in the market with its Fitbit OS.
Today, the company has rolled out its first biggest update for Ionic which brings in new but important apps, clock faces(most requested), integration with banks and more. Keeping in mind that it is still majorly used for Fitness tracking, these new features will push it to people to adopt it further.
List of new Apps:
Fitbit has launched and more than 60 apps from Fitbit, Fitbit Labs, popular brands, and developers.
- Health & Fitness: Clue, GAME GOLF, Surfline, Walgreens
- Home & IOT: Nest, Philips Hue Lights
- Food & Drink: Yelp
- News: Flipboard, The New York Times
- Travel & Transit: TripAdvisor, Uber, United Airlines, British Airways, Lyft
- Fitbit Labs: Think Fast App provides advice or diagnose or treat any condition.
- Jacadi: Concentrate on the pattern of lights, then repeat the pattern by tapping the screen. As you succeed, the series of lights will become progressively longer and more complex.
- Pill Tracker: This very simple app does one thing, but does it well: help you remember when you took your last pill. Simply press “Take a Pill” and the app records the time. Press “Take a Pill” again when the next dose is taken.
- Tips: Easier (and less bright) than pulling out your phone in a fancy restaurant, this app helps you calculate tips, between 0 and 100 percent, and split the bill among up to 100 people.
The most demanded feature for any watch, and Fitbit Ionic is no exception. This update bring more than 100 data-rich and interactive clock faces. Some apps and clock faces may require a paid subscription service (such as Pandora) or a one-time activation fee (to a developer)
Nothing Special offers everything you might need from a watch: the time, date, weather, battery life, and more in a customizable design with thousands of color-combination options. Tap through the activity icon to view your current stats or hit the battery icon when you’re in a dark place for a surprise feature.
Get your 80’s on. Retro-Sunset is an animated clock face that tracks time, calories, steps, and distance. Tap the screen to cycle through your stats.
This customizable clock face features the date, easy-to-read time, and all the stats you could want: steps, heart rate, and calories burned. It also connects to DarkSky to provide the latest temperature; the background image changes depending on the weather expected in your area.
Using Ionic, you can make payments, and it also makes sense if somebody wants to check on their bank account at a glance. Fibit Ionic supports 25 banks across three networks in 13 markets. We will see more banks in 2018. Here is the complete list ofNone of the banks from India have included their support, and since its not launched in India, I expect 2018 launch of Fitbit Ionic.