If you have an Xbox gaming console, then the Xbox App on Windows comes pretty handy. The app allows you to connect with your friends when you are not using your console. But it is pretty irritating when you fail to log in to the app. If you are dealing with the same, I will share fixes for all the problems related to signing in to the Xbox app.
Fix Problems Signing in to the Xbox App
Xbox signing issues can appear because of a wide range of reasons. But fixing them is not that really hard. To fix the issue, I will be looking at the following fixes:
- Fix Signing Issue
- Clear Xbox App Cache
- Restart Xbox Services
- Set Time To Automatic
- Remove Microsoft Account
Now let’s talk about all of these methods one by one:
1] Fix Signing Issue
First, make sure you are entering the right password since all Microsoft products use the same password for login. So if you have changed your Microsoft account password, it is not letting you access the Xbox app.
So if you have recently changed your Microsoft, Xbox, or any other password related to the account, then try entering that password and see if it has worked.
However, if you don’t really know what password you have used or don’t remember your Xbox app password, then go ahead and try resetting it, and it should resolve the issue for you.
2] Clear Xbox App Cache
Sometimes corrupted files or cache creates a lot of issues. So if you do see any clear error message or the Xbox app is behaving unexpectedly. Then clearing the app cache may help you to get rid of the error. For this, you will need to follow the below steps:
- At first, press Windows Key + R to launch Run.
- Copy and paste this and press enter:
- Next, please select all the files and delete them.
- Once, done reboot your computer and relaunch the Xbox app and see if it has fixed the issue or not.
Alternatively, you can also delete the cache files from Windows settings:
- Press Windows Key + I to launch Settings.
- Go to Apps > Apps and Features.
- Over here, locate the Xbox Live app and then click on it and select Advanced options.
- Scroll down and click on the reset button.
- Finally, launch Xbox app and try to sign in.
3] Restart Xbox Services
You can also try restarting Xbox services. If you are facing trouble in signing in because of some bug, then restarting the Xbox services would be a great help.
For this, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Windows search bar and type down services.msc and go to Services.
- Now you have to locate Xbox Accessory Management services.
- Right-click on it and select Restart.
- Do the same for the following services: Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live networking service.
- Finally, launch Xbox app and see if you can sign in to your account or not.
4] Set Time To Automatic
If your PC’s date and time are not accurate, then it can be why you cannot log in to Xbox App.
Often Windows time and date get changed because of regional change or because of some software. So make sure you have set your time and date settings to automatic. To check this, you can follow the below steps:
- Click on the Start button and go to Settings.
- Go to Time & Language.
- Over here, make sure that you have enabled Set time automatically. If not, then use the toggle to turn it on.
- Also, you can turn on the Time zone to set automatically. So in case if you have changed the region, it can also be a reason.
5] Remove Microsoft Account
The last thing that you can try out is to remove your Microsoft account. By removing your Microsoft account, the app will have some sort of refresh the Xbox app. So for this, go and follow the below steps:
- Go to Windows settings and navigate to Accounts.
- Go to Email and Accounts > Accounts used by other apps.
- Then choose the Microsoft account logged in with the Xbox app and remove it from there.
- Go back to Xbox app and then try to re-log into your account and see if it worked.
Why Does It Say Unable to Sign In to Your Account for Xbox Live?
If you cannot log in to your Xbox Live account on your console, then press the Home button on your controller and then select restart console. After a restart, your Xbox should work just fine without any trouble.
How Do I Check Xbox Live Status?
To check Xbox live status, go to xbox.com and sign in to your account. Then click on Xbox support from the top and select Xbox live status.
Why Won’t Any of My Xbox Games Start?
If your Xbox games don’t start, then try restarting the console. Even after the restart, it doesn’t work, then performs a full restart, and it should work.
So those were all the fixes for Xbox app signing issues. Now go ahead and check these methods out and see if they help you or not. Also, for any other questions, comment below.