If you are a Windows 10 user and like to keep your machine updated as soon as an update is released, then this article is for you. Its been almost two months since Windows 10 April Update or Windows 10 1806 release, yet most of the users are facing problems in updating their machines on this public release. In this troubleshooting post, we are sharing a list of tips to Fix Windows 10 1806 update installation problem.
Fix Windows 10 1806 update installation problem
Now, there may be a number of reasons why you might be facing this issue. One of the reason can be the disabled update services or something other.
Check and enable the Windows Update Services
- Press Windows Button + R on your keyboard.
- Type services.msc and hit enter. Services windows will open up.
- Search for Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Right click on it and go to properties.
- Check startup type, if Disable then clicks on the dropdown list and select Automatic and click on apply.
- Now check Service status in the same window, if it shows stopped then click on start.
- Click on OK.
- Now, Search for Windows Update in the same list of Services.
- Repeat steps 4, 5, & 6.
- Restart your machine and check for updates again.
Keep in mind that above-mentioned process has to be performed with a presence of mind. Disabling anyone of the Service may lead you towards a clean installation of Windows.
You might be thinking that how to solve this issue without any hassle or much effort. There are some steps you can take which can help you in such case. One of those steps can be running troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can reset your services and can restart them on their default settings.
How to run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Press Windows Button + I on your keyboard. Settings app will open up.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Open Troubleshoot from the left panel.
- Click on Windows Update from Get up and running list and select Run the troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter will open up and start its own work.
Sometimes, the fixes applied by the troubleshooter may work or may not work.
If you are trying to install the latest version of Windows 10 and now you facing some issues such as a black screen or the desktop isn’t coming up. This may occur due to some driver issue. Try updating or installing Video Drivers or you can restore your system too.
Another thing users can do is restoring their system. But, we won’t suggest that because restoring a system is a very tedious task, especially for naive users. Restoring a system is similar to clean installing windows and it is better to clean install instead of restoring it.
I hope that this article helped you to fix Windows 10 1806 update installation problem. If you are still facing the same problem then let us know in the comments below.