The advent of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger has wiped out conventional text messages. With smartphones, stable internet connections, and technological advances, social media messaging platforms have gained prominence. With constant tech upgrades and modifications, expecting a change in the current messaging services is not absurd. Soon, WhatsApp and other now-famous applications will fade.
With instant messaging apps that offer a wide range of features compared to the current services, the hype will increase. One such instant messaging service provider is Kik Messenger. Apart from sending a text message, it comes with many features to satisfy the users’ needs.
Besides, you can download different applications compatible with Kik and use them. Enjoying the lucrative benefits of Kik Messenger without investing in the privileges makes the app even more appealing. Here, we will discuss in detail about is Kik Messenger, its features, and how to download the app.
What Is Kik Messenger?
Kik Messenger is a popular instant messaging or IM application released in October 2010 by Kik Interactive, a well-known Canadian company. It offers a wide range of features, a user-friendly interface, and various functions.
The application uses the internet connection of the user’s device to send and receive text messages. Apart from that, you can share videos and pictures too.
With a Kik account, it becomes easy to share web pages too. Keeping in contact with friends is now easy and hassle-free. You can do so by using usernames or mobile numbers. Did you know that you scan Kik codes to connect with others?
Kik Messenger indeed displays several similarities to WhatsApp and other messaging apps, but there are some differences too. For instance, anonymity is one of the most-hyped features that increase its appeal. Making an account on Kik doesn’t require the user to submit a mobile number.
In fact, one can use email ids to create Kik accounts. That way, your number privacy remains, and you have the option to choose the username you want.
Key Features of Kik Messenger
Multiple features of Kik Messenger make it highly appealing. Take a look –
- Free usage: Perhaps, the biggest USP of Kik Messenger is free. That means users do not have to pay a penny to use this exciting app. Moreover, there is no need to worry about paying for each text!
- Web access: Another excellent feature is the ability of the app to access the web from within it. Now, you do not have to use a chrome tab to use the internet while chatting.
- Invitation: In Kik Messenger, there is no restriction on whom you can invite to have a conversation. Be it friends or family – the invitation is open to all. You have to get their ID!
- Privacy: In this era of advanced tech, privacy is a growing concern. And Kik Messenger understands that. The app offers top-rated security features. Besides, the users can decide if the application has permission to view or use their address book.
- Group chat: It isn’t enjoyable to send the same text message to more than one person. That is why Kik Messenger offers group chat features. Here, the users can invite multiple people under one group and converse.
- Status display: With Kik Messenger, you can easily set the status you want. It is an excellent way to display your current mood and share it with family and friends.
Download Kik Messenger App for PC – Windows 11/10
Downloading Kik Messenger App for Windows 7/8/10 is easy. Follow these steps to avail of a hassle-free download –
- Install BlueStacks, which is an Android emulator.
- Please open it and go to the search button.
- After that, type Kik and search for it in the tab.
- Click on Search play for Kik.
- It will redirect you to the Play store.
- From there, click on the Kik Messenger app and install it.
- Wait for some time as the installation process finishes.
- Go to the homepage of BlueStack once the installation is done.
- There, you will see Kik.
- Launch the app and start using it right away!
Another excellent way to download Kik Messenger App for Windows 7/8/10 is to use the Google Chrome Extension. Take a look at the steps you must follow –
- Go to the Google Chrome app on the PC.
- Enter the Chrome extension for Kik in the search tab.
- Press Enter.
- Click on the Kik Messenger app.
- After that, wait for a new page to appear.
- There, press the Add to Chrome button.
- Click on the button and install Kik on the PC.
Download Kik Messenger App for PC – Mac/Macbook
Similar to Windows, downloading Kik Messenger on Mac is easy too. But, for an easy start, take a look at the steps outlined below –
- Download BlueStacks for Mac OSX.
- Install it.
- If you want to use the Google Play Store, you need to have a Google account.
- After that, you can open BlueStacks.
- Press the Search button.
- There, type Kik and press the Search play for Kik option.
- It will lead you back to Play Store.
- There, you need to select the Kik Messenger app.
- Install the app.
- Launch it. Here, you will get two options – register or log in.
It is without a doubt that Kik Messenger is one of the most popular instant messaging apps right now. The application is easy to use and offers a wide array of exciting features. That instantly appeals to users and compels them to become ardent fans of the application.
Knowing more about the Kik Messenger App is crucial before using it. For that, you can take a look at these FAQs.
Can I use Kik on the Web?
Yes, you can use Kik on the Web, but you must have an account. So, either you need to have an account or make a new one. Go to the Kik.com website and open the login page. There, type the user name and password. Press enter and start using Kik Messenger.
How do I use Kik extensions in Chrome?
To use Kik extensions in Chrome, you need to go to the Menu icon. From there, expand the More tools option. After that, select Extensions. Now, you need to ensure that the Developer Mode is enabled. After loading the runtime, download the APK file. Then, extract the Kik APK and load it as an unpacked extension.