Today, Microsoft announced Windows 10 Build for Insiders on Release Preview, and its the RTM version which means this is going to be the RTM version when it starts rolling out for Windows 10 PC next week. That said, while its a gradual rollout, many of you will be waiting to get it as quickly as possible, you can get it right away, or at least in next 24 hrs, by signing up for Windows Insiders Program.
Note: There will be no point using these step post-Windows 10 Fall Creators Official Rollout date. In case you still don’t get it, make sure to use it, and then opt out as soon as possible.
Sign up for Insiders Build, Right Now
This program was made so that users can preview the updates of Windows before they have been released, but they are also a way by which you can get an early Windows 10 Creators Update.
The program comes with 3 levels. The Fast and Slow ring which will allow you to preview of all the updates much before they are ready for everyone. However, these two rings will also face all errors and bugs of the updates that are a part and parcel of the early development. The Release Preview ring, however, will not have any of these hassles and will provide you with the latest upgrades before everyone else.
In order to get the upgrade, you will have to do the following steps:
- Go to Settings and open it.
- You will get the Update and Security option, go to it.
- You will get the Windows Insider Program, click on it.
- Next, you will get the Get Started Button, click on it.
- In order to apply the new changes, you will have to restart your device.
- On restart, you will have to go back to the Windows Insider Program option and click on it again.
- You will now have to choose your level as the Release Preview.
Once done, you will start getting all the new updates before everyone else. However, you will have to wait for 24 hours before your device starts getting these updates. In case you have already enrolled yourself, you might already have the creator version, and you need to check it by going to Settings > System > About.
Next Step, Stop Insider Preview Builds:
Release Preview is probably the safest way to get all the updates. Now that you already have the Fall Creators Update, it is wise to step of out of the Insider Preview build before Microsoft starts rolling out builds for the next major update.
- Go to Settings.
- Click the Upgrade and Security button available.
- You will now have to click on the Windows Insider Program.
- Next, you need to select the Stop Insider Preview Builds button.
- You will get an option Keep giving me builds until the next Windows release, click on it.
- Click on the Restart button and then the Restart Now button which will restart your device and change the savings.
You should make sure to choose the option to get builds till next Windows Release to make sure any bug fixes that gets rolled out is also available for you. Once Windows 10 Fall Creators Update goes live, all this will stop automatically.