Alexa, Cortana, and Siri, all three of them are the point to point competitors of each other. When it comes to the point of who is better Digital Assistant in today’s world, each of them is better in their own way. Microsoft announced the combination of Cortana and Alexa together on Windows 10. It brought a huge hype between the users worldwide. To deliver a better experience to their users, Microsoft is in partnership with Amazon. In this guide, we are sharing how you can install and use Amazon Alexa on Windows 10.
How to install and use Amazon Alexa on Windows 10
Since the announcement of Cortana with Alexa was made at the time of Microsoft’s Build 2018, its time that users should get a hands-on of Alexa on Windows 10. Amazon is already working to bring Alexa on some Windows 10 devices this year. Now, to install Alexa on your Windows 10 device, grab a couple of things and you are good to go.
- Download a .exe file of Amazon Alexa for Windows 10 from here.
- As soon as the download finishes, run the .exe file and go on with the installation process.
- Now here is the tricky part, to make Alexa run to its full functionality (functionality available now) you need to set your System Language to the USA.
- Find the newly installed Alexa app in Start menu and run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions log in using your Amazon account.
- If you want to use Alexa’s auto-start feature to launch app while signing in to the computer, then you can enable it under Alexa’s settings.
Now, you might be wondering its very soon after the announcement and the application is already here. Then you are thinking right. Not all the features of Alexa which you may find on other official devices work here.
Since the app for Amazon Alexa is exclusive only for the PCs sold by HP, Lenovo, and Acer, there is a good chance that your machine is not officially supported. If it is not officially supported then the features like Wake Word will not work. Wake world lets you instantly get access to Alexa. That way voice commands will also not work. Rest of things work as usual but to access Alexa, you need to click on the application whenever you want to access it.
Here is a list of all the functioning Alexa can provide with this release.
Let us know how was your experience with Alexa on Windows 10 PC.