Whenever you install a new application on your Windows 11/10 PC, the application gets added to the Start Menu. While it is a valuable feature to many, you might want to hide or remove apps from the Start menu. Or you want to add an app to the Start menu to access it quickly. So the question is, how to hide, show or remove recently added apps from Start Menu in Windows 11 and Windows 10?
Adding or removing apps from the Start Menu in Windows 11/10 is extremely easy. And in this article, I will guide you with all the steps you have to follow to Hide/ Show/ Remove recently added apps from Start Menu in Windows 11/10.
Hide/ Show/ Remove Recently Added Apps from Start Menu in Windows 11/10
I have divided the article into two pieces. The first one will explain to you how you can hide recently added apps from the Start menu. The other method will guide you on how you can remove apps from the recently added app section. So here are the steps that you have to follow:
1] Hide Recently Added Apps From Start Menu in Windows
- Click on the start menu icon and go to settings. Alternatively, you can press the Windows icon + I button to launch settings.
- From settings, go to Personalization and then click on Start from the sidebar menu.
- Over here, look for Show recently added apps option.
- Finally, toggle off the setting. Windows 10 will stop displaying the recently added apps to the start menu.
If you wish to undo the changes, you must follow the same steps and toggle on the Show recently added apps option.
2] Remove Recently Added Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10
You might not want to get rid of the complete recently added apps section from the start menu. Instead of that, you would prefer to remove one or two apps from it. Luckily you can do it on Windows 11 and Windows 10, and for this, you will have to follow these below steps:
- At first, click on the Start menu, and you will get to see a list of all the recently added apps at the top or pinned apps
- Now, right-click on the app that you want to remove.
- Select Remove from the list to remove the app from the Start Menu.
- You can also turn off the option that shows recently open items in Start, Jump List, and File Explorer.
Both methods will allow you to hide, show, or remove recently added apps from the Start Menu in Windows 11/10. Now it is your call to go ahead and try out the steps by yourself and see if they are any help to you or not.
How to Add/Remove Folders From Start Menu Next to Power Button?
- Right-click on the Desktop, and select Personalization
- Go to Start and then click on Folders
- Toggle the folder options you don’t want to appear and keep what you need.
The change will be instant.
How to View All Apps in Start Menu
Press the Start key on your keyboard. Then click on the All Apps button on the top-right under the search bar. You can then scroll through the entire list see the list of all apps installed on the PC. You can also click on any of the Aplphabet to go to the section directly.
How do I remove apps from the Start menu in Windows?
While you cannot remove it from the All apps section, you can remove it from the Pinned area. Right-click on the app name, and then Unpin from Start and Unpin from Taskbar.
Also, I hope this post guided you on how to Hide/ Show/ Remove Recently Added Apps from Start Menu in Windows 11/10.