Whenever you install a new application on your Windows 10 computer, the application gets added to the Start Menu. While it is a useful feature to many, you might want to hide or remove apps from the Start menu. Or you want to add an app to the Start menu to access it quickly. So the question is, how to hide, show or remove recently added apps from Start Menu in Windows 10?
Adding or removing apps from the Start Menu in Windows 10 is extremely easy. And in this article, I will guide you with all the steps you have to follow to Hide/ Show/ Remove recently added apps from Start Menu in Windows 10.
Hide/ Show/ Remove Recently Added Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10
I have divided the article into two pieces. The first one will explain to you how you can hide recently added apps from the Start menu. The other method will guide you on how you can remove apps from the recently added app section. So here are the steps that you have to follow:
1] Hide Recently Added Apps From Start Menu in Windows 10
- Click on the start menu icon and go to settings. Alternatively, you can press the Windows icon + I button to launch settings.
- From settings, go to Personalization and then click on Start from the sidebar menu.
- Over here, look for Show recently added apps option.
- Finally, toggle off the setting. Windows 10 will stop displaying the recently added apps to the start menu.
If you wish to undo the changes, you will need to follow the same steps and toggle on the Show recently added apps option.
2] Remove Recently Added Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10
You might not want to get rid of the complete recently added apps section from the start menu. Instead of that, you would prefer to remove one or two apps from it. Luckily you can do it on Windows 10, and for this, you will have to follow these below steps:
- At first, click on the Start menu, and you will get to see a list of all the recently added apps at the top.
- Now, right-click on the app that you want to remove.
- Go to More and select Remove from the list to remove the app from the Start Menu.
Those were both methods that will allow you to hide, show, or remove recently added apps from the Start Menu in Windows 10. Now it is your call to go ahead and try out the steps by yourself and see if they are any help to you or not. Also, I hope that this post guided you on how to Hide/ Show/ Remove Recently Added Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10.