These days using Voice IP services or video calling apps in our day-to-day lives has become pretty normal. However, things start getting a little complicated when your audio input volume is low. As a result, the other person can’t really hear you or have difficulty understanding your voice. This is where you should try to boost microphone volume in Windows.
In case if you don’t know how to do so. Then don’t worry, as, in this post, I will guide you with all the steps that you have to follow to boost microphone volume in Windows 10.
How to Boost Microphone Volume in Windows 10?
There are two ways to boost Microphone volume in Windows 10. The first method will walk you through the basic troubleshooting steps. The other one is the third-party software called VOICEMEETER Virtual Audio Mixer.
Here are two methods that we will be following to fix the issue—Increase the microphone volume, and use third-party software.
1] Increase Microphone Volume in Windows 10
- At first, right-click on the sound icon from your taskbar and click on Sounds.
- Then from the top, click on the Recordings tab.
- Now select your Microphone and right-click on it, and go to Properties.
- Then a new window will open up. From here, switch to the Levels tab.
- Over here, you will see the Microphone boost option, which is set at 0.0 dB by default. However, use the slider to adjust it up to +40 dB.
- Finally, hit the Apply and Ok button to save the changes.
Also, do ask others about the microphone volume to adjust the microphone boost to the perfect level.
Alternatively, you may also notice that after boosting the microphone volume, the low microphone volume issue might not get fixed. If you do face the same, then switch to the Advanced tab instead of the Levels tab.
In the advanced tab, you will find an option that says— Allow the application to take executive control of this device. Make sure to uncheck it to fix the issue.
2] Use VOICEMEETER Virtual Audio Mixer
You can also check out the Voicemeeter virtual audio mixer. This one is a third-party application that lets you manage your audio sources from or to any audio devices or applications.
The application can be downloaded free of cost. To get started with this application, follow the below steps:
- At first, download Voicemeter from its official website.
- Once the setup is downloaded, double click on it and complete the installation process.
- After that, give your Windows system a restart.
- Next, launch Voicemeter and click on the first hardware input section and choose your Microphone.
- Now use the Fader gain slider to adjust the Microphone’s sound dB.
- Finally, click on the menu from the top right and select Save settings.
- After saving the settings, Voicemeter will load the saved volume profile, and it will help you boost Microphone volume in Windows.
So those were two of the effective ways to increase microphone volume in Windows 10. Now go ahead and check both of the steps out and see which one is working for you. Also, I hope this post has helped you to record steps on your screen.