When you first install Windows, it will allow you to select the time, date, and region. But in some instances, you should change the time or region. Maybe you bought your computer from another country and want to change the time zone and language to your own. You may be traveling to another region, and so on. So, how to change the date, time, and region format in Windows? Well, the process is pretty straightforward. And you can learn about them in this post.
Change the Date, Time, and Region Format in Windows
Let’s find out how you can change the date, time, and region format in Windows, so it works for you, especially if you work with multiple regions.
- Change the Date and Time Format
- Change Region Format
- Change Language
- Change Speech
You will need an admin account to get this done.
1] Change the Date and Time Format
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Time & Language> Date & Time.
- Toggle off the Set Time automatically option.
- Click on Change next to Set the date and Time manually.
- Enter your desired Time and date and click on Change.
- Now you can also change the Time based on your Time Zone. When you do so, Windows will automatically set the Time to your desired time zone.
- For this, you must click on the Time Zone dropdown menu and select the correct Time Zone, and Windows will change the Time automatically.
- Also, make sure to toggle on Set Time automatically. So Windows will keep updating the Time and date.
- You can also scroll down to Additional Settings and click on Sync Now button, and it will sync the time and date with Microsoft Network Time protocol servers.
2] Change Region Format
- Press Windows Key + I to launch Settings.
- Go to Time & Language> Language & region.
- Come to the Country or region section and use the dropdown menu to select your preferred country. After this change, Windows and apps will show information related to your selected region.
- Next, expand Regional format > Change formats.
- You can change the Calendar, the First day of the week, the short and long date, and the short and long time.
3. Change Language
- Go to Settings > Time & language > Language & region.
- Click on Add a language button.
- Please search for your preferred Language, select it, and click Next to install it.
- Once installed, click on the Windows display language to select your new Language.
4. Change Speech
- Go to Windows Settings > Time & Language.
- Click on Speech.
- From the Speech language section, select your desired Language. To get more languages, you need to install them by going to Language & region setting.
- You can also scroll a little below to Change voices. Or you can click on Add voices to download and install a new voice.
So that was all for how to change the date, time, and region format in Windows. Once you change these details, the same will be applied across Windows and the apps you use. This means you will get weather and news updates for the selected region.
How To Set up Multiple Time Zone Clocks on Windows?
To set up multiple time zone clocks on a Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and type Date and Time in the search bar.
- Click on the Date and Time Settings option that appears.
- Click on the Change time zone button in the Date and Time window.
- In the Time Zone window, click on the Add Clocks for Different Time Zones option.
- Check the box next to the Show this clock option for each time zone you want to add.
- Use the drop-down menus to select the time zone and display the name of each clock.
- Click on the OK button to save your changes.
Your multiple time zone clocks should now be visible in the taskbar. You can switch between them by clicking on the clock in the taskbar and selecting the desired time zone from the list.