Windows lock screen is the first thing you see when you boot up your PC. And for many, the lock screen is just an ordinary screen. However, you would be surprised to know that Windows 11 allows you to customize the lock screen to an extent if you didn’t know already. You can change the login screen background, add notifications, and a few other customization options.
So, if you do not know how to go about these customization options, then we have discussed everything in detail below for Windows 11/10.
How to Change Windows Login Screen Background?
You already know that the background image on the lock screen keeps changing every day on Windows. However, if you want to keep something personalized, add your image or set up a slideshow. Here is how you can do so:
Adding a Picture
- Press Windows Key + I to launch Settings.
- Navigate to Personalization > Lock screen.
- Click on Personalize your lock screen dropdown menu and select Picture.
- Now, Windows will offer you some default images you can use in the background. Alternatively, click on Browse Photos to choose an image of your own.
- That’s it. Now, your selected image will be displayed as the lock screen background.
Apart from adding a picture, you can select Slideshow from Personalize your lock screen dropdown menu.
After that, you will need to select a folder containing all the photos that you want to use as a lock screen background.
Customize a Lock Screen Quick Notification
Apart from changing the background, in Windows 11, you can customize the background to some extent. Here are all the customization options you are getting:
- Go to Windows settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
- Over here, you will find the Lock screen status dropdown menu with multiple options like Weather, Mail, Calendar, etc.
- Please select any available options to see its status on the lock screen, and you are done. Or you can select None to display no information.
To explain the lock screen notification further, If you select calendar, then it will display your upcoming meetings, or if you select weather, then it will share weather information on the lock screen.
Windows lock screen customization will help you make your PC more personalized. However, the availability of adding apps under Lock screen notifications is limited. But still, it displays some of the essential info that might be useful to you.
What is Windows Spotlight background?
Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different images and offers suggestions. It is available on all desktop editions of Windows.
How Do I Remove the Login Screen Background?
To change the lock screen background picture on Windows, press Win + I to open Settings, then go to “Personalization” and select “Lock screen.” Turn off “Show lock screen background picture on sign-in screen” to remove the picture and enhance privacy.