Xbox team announced the regional migration service, which allows you to change your Xbox Account Country to a new one if you have moved to a new place. It comes in handy if you are planning to move to a new location for a more extended period and want to take the benefits of the regional features of Xbox. In this post, I will share how to change or migrate your Xbox Account country.
How to change or migrate Xbox Account country
Few things you should know before migration
- Some of the services which aren’t available in the new region will stop working or will be limited.
- Gamerscore unlocked achievements, and the rest of your Xbox Live profile will be migrated.
- Any remaining time on your Gold membership
- In case you are attached to a Family Pack, some features will behave differently if they are restricted for any reason.
- Some digital content like music, video, or even games that are only available for a particular region will become unavailable or won’t work anymore.
- Money in your Microsoft account cannot be transferred within regions. Any money in your Microsoft account for your current region won’t be available in the new region.
How does the migration process work?
- Go to https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration and login with the account you want to migrate.
- Once you log in, you will have to verify yourself using a code that will be sent to the email account that is associated with that account.
- Next, you will get a list of things that will be moved with you and a list of things that will not.
- The next screen, you will be able to select a country you want to move in.
- Click on the accept button to start the process.
- Done this, you will have to accept new terms and conditions and your account will be moved instantly.
- You can understand this because the URL in your browser will have the new country code, e.g. IN was for me, which stands for India.
The best of the migration process was it was so damn fast. No paperwork, no waiting time. All it required was three steps. However, You can only move between Xbox Live regions once every three months. Below is a video demo: