An offline Xbox Profile is one which is created on your Xbox but is not connected to an Xbox Live account. It means all the Game Related Data, Scores, Badges remain on your Xbox and can be seen there only. If one day it so happens that you decide that you want to have an online presence and since many of your friends are already on Xbox Live, It will be cool to showcase what your profile has. So, learn how to connect offline Xbox Profile to Xbox Live
How to Connect Offline Xbox Profile to Xbox Live
- Connect Xbox to the internet
- Select a profile and choose to join Xbox Live
- Add account, and sign-in or create a new account.
- You have a Live Xbox Profile.
Now if you thought that you could not take all your offline data and connect it to an account, then you know it wrong. It is possible to turn your offline Xbox Profile to an Online Xbox Live account, but there is just one simple condition. We will get to that later but first see how can you connect.
Steps to connect offline Xbox profile
- Go to your gamer profile on your Xbox. You might have to sign in if you are not already.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet
- Press A to select your profile and then choose the option which says Join Xbox Live.
- Once you do that, you will be signed off your account. So make sure you have all your games saved if you are playing any.
- Next, Xbox will check for your Network Status to find it it can connect to the internet.
- Next, a new screen will greet you, and you will need to use an email address ( A Live Account ) to finish it. Select Continue.
- Next Type in your Name, Password, Date Of Birth and Accept their policies.
- Thats it, Once everything is successful, you should get a Gamer Tag which can be changed as this is the first time.
- So now if you go to your profile in Xbox, You will see your Gamer Tag instead of the profile name which was there before.
There is one place where this will fail. If the live account you are using already has a gamer tag associated with it. In case you get any error of this sort then you have two options. First, either use another live account (best to create new). The second option is to change associated with the live account with that gamer tag.