One of the biggest changes in Windows 10 Mobile was getting rid of Email Accounts from the inbuilt email client. Instead now you have Outlook which you can use to configure and manage your email accounts. This made sure that updating the Email App and rolling out new feature is much easier.
One thing which I did not like about in Outlook was missing Linked Box. In Windows Phone 8.1, you can have one inbox for all your emails which made it easer to view all email at one place, reply seamlessly, and manage them nicely. Till now when using Outlook, you needed to manually switch to individual account to see if you have an email. Thankfully this has changed with the latest update to the app.
To create Linked Boxes in Windows 10 Mobile:
- Open Outlook App. Make sure you have more than one email account configured.
- Tap on Menu Bar > Select Settings > Manage Accounts > Linked Inbox.
- When you tap on it, You can give a name of your choice and select which accounts will show up in that inbox. You will need to select at least 2 email accounts for Linked Inbox.
That said, the implementation is little different from what it was in Windows Phone 8.1
- Let’s say you created with a name “Work”. Now instead of taking to off the Outlook, it puts both the email account under Work is available under the left pane, under accounts.
- You can Pin it Start Screen to jump directly into the group. However you still have access to rest of the email account from the hamburger menu.
- You can Create Multiple Linked Inbox which is definitely a plus. In Windows Phone 8.1, it wasn’t possible to create multiple linked inbox. Either you could have all of them into one or just separately.
How to Remove / Modify / Add an Account from / to Linked Inbox ?
- Open the Linked Inbox> Manage Accounts
- Tap on the Name of the Linked Inbox.
- Next you will get option to change the name, add or remove an account.
So that basically sums up how you can create new linked inbox and manage them. The overall functionally remains same as it is powered by Outlook.