As Microsoft continues to compete against Google in the search engine space, the introduction of ChatGPT-powered Bing Chat AI is drawing more users. If you’re one of those new users, you may be wondering how to delete your Bing Chat AI search history for reasons such as privacy concerns or decluttering your search history. This article provides step-by-step instructions to help you delete your Bing Chat AI search history.
Why Delete Bing Chat AI Search History?
You should delete your Bing Chat AI search history for several reasons. Some of the most common ones are:
- Privacy concerns: You may not want others to see your chats or searches with Bing Chat AI on your device or account. Deleting your search history can protect your personal data and choices from unwanted attention.
- Decluttering your search history: You may have many useless or current queries in your search history. Deleting your search history can free up space and make your searches more effective.
- Resetting your personalization: You may change how Bing Chat AI customizes your results and suggestions based on your past queries. Deleting your search history can help you start over and get different results and suggestions from Bing Chat AI.
Is Bing Search and Bing Chat AI History the same?
They are not, but Microsoft clubs them together. So when you delete the search history from your account, you will need to figure out which one was used for Bing AI Chat and which you typed directly on the Bing search box.
Also note that when you use Bing Chat, your query is modified. For example, if you search for Who is Rock, the search may look like Rock person. Microsoft records the term “Rock Person” in the search history.
How To Delete Bing Chat AI Search History
You can delete Bing Chat AI search history right from the Bing AI chat website. You can choose to clear the whole search history or clear specific searches. You can also filter out the search history based on a specific keyword. Before proceeding with the steps below, log in to your Microsoft account. Also, the Bing AI Chat is currently only available for the Microsoft Edge browser, so make sure you are using that. Let’s have a look at the steps:
- Visit your Microsoft Bing Search history page by accessing the Menu icon in the top left corner of the Bing AI chat page.
- To delete a specific keyword or keyphrase, hover your mouse over the desired entry to reveal the trash can icon and click on it.
- To delete multiple entries, click on the tickbox beside each entry you wish to delete.
- After selecting multiple entries, scroll to Activity and click the Clear button.
- Alternatively, you can search for a specific entry by typing the keyword next to Activity and press Enter. Then click the trash can icon or select multiple entries to delete them simultaneously.
- To clear your entire Bing Search history, click Manage or Clear your search history on the right column, and hit Clear all. Be careful, as this action cannot be undone.
Having greater control over your search history is a must-have in the modern world, where your data and preferences can benefit corporations endlessly. You can customize your search suggestions by deleting specific parts of your search history. Bing Chat AI is a great tool to streamline your workflow and save time if used correctly. We hope you found this article to be insightful. Please make sure that you share it with everyone.