Notification Centre aka, Action Center in Windows 11/10, allows you to expand and interact with the notifications. It just doesn’t show you the notifications and lets you take action on them. That’s why the name, Action Center. However, it can be unpleasant, and some of you may want to disable the action center in Windows altogether.
What does Action Center do?
It does show you notifications from various apps like Mail, Twitter, Cortana, etc. Still, for apps like Cortana, Action Note (as you can see in the picture below), and some Twitter Clients like Tweetium, Fenice for Twitter (More about these apps here), you can respond to the notifications right from Action Center.
However, if you don’t want to see Notifications, you can disable them anytime. Just go to Settings > System > Notifications and Actions > Show app Notifications> Off. It will not disable Action Center, though.
How to Disable Action Center in Windows 11/10
If you’re a power user, you must have thought of disabling the whole Action Center. Well, look no further; we have got you the detailed tutorial of disabling the Action Center in Windows 11/10.
After you have taken all the precautionary measures to protect your PC, you can look at the tutorial below:
Disabling Action Center using Registry Editor:
- Go to Start, type regedit, and hit Enter to run it in administrative mode.
- A Registry Editor window will open up. Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER> SOFTWARE> Policies> Microsoft> Windows> Explorer
- If you don’t find Explorer under Windows, you need to create it. To create it, right-click on Windows> New> Key and name it Explorer.
- After you have created Explorer, click on it, you will see a file named Default, and the rest of the window will be blank. Right-click anywhere in the window, Select New, click on DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Name the key: DisableNotificationCentre
- Now, you will see DisableNotificationCentre, along with the Default.
- Double click on DisableNotificationCentre, a dialog box appears named, Edit DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Don’t do anything with the Value name but change the Value data from 0 to 1.
- Restart your PC, and you should no longer see the Action Center in the system tray.
Note: If you see toast notifications even after disabling Action Center, go to Settings> System> Notifications & Actions and turn off notifications. Your Action Center was already disabled using the Registry hack, but now you won’t be getting toasts too.
If you have any questions regarding the tutorial, sound off in the comments below.
How to Control Sound from Action Center?
Press Win + A to open the action center, and then use the slider to lower the volume. You can also click on the arrow on the right side to change the speaker. Along with this, if you are using a laptop, you can also manage the brightness of the laptop monitor.