Windows 11/10 latest features have already made our life easy, where you feel connected to the world with a simple click. If you want to edit videos using the Photo App, this easy guide will help you.
The Photos App has simple features, where you can edit your photos, create videos and share them with your family and friends. It is an essential app designed to help your photos and videos. Organize your digital memories to have a good experience. If you have been a Windows movie maker user, you would love the experience of having a Windows Photos app where you can create your videos in a few minutes.
How To Edit Videos In The Windows Photos App
Let’s step by step learn about the features of the Photos App that use and edit photos to create good videos. It will be easy to do it manually or automatically. You will feel confident that you can make your family feel good by creating great videos with some music added to them in just a few steps. Let’s begin with fun.
- Create Videos Automatically Using Photos App
- Create Video Project Manually Using Photos App
- How To Add Title Card To The Video Project
- How To Edit A Video Project Using 3d Effects
- How To Customize Photos In Video Project (Adding Background Music)
- How To Take A Backup Project And Make A Duplicate Project
Anyone with a user account in Windows will be able to use it.
1] Create Videos Automatically Using Photos App
To create the video automatically, you can select the media (photos) from your device to the editor. It will allow you to create video projects from scratch.
Use these steps to create the video automatically in Photos App:
- Open Photos and click on the Video Editor tab
- Click on the three-dotted (…) option next to the New Video Project.
- Choose the ‘Make a video for me’ option from that.
- Select the images or videos to add to the video.
- Click on the Create button (from the top-right).
- Add the appropriate name for the created video.
- Click on the OK button. (Note: You have a ‘Remix it for me’ option available (Optional) if you want to add a new theme to your video.)
- Click on the Finish video button, choose a video quality among (High 1080p, Medium 720p, or Low 540p) from the drop-down menu. (Lower quality will give lower quality video, but it will free some space, so choose the quality option according to the disk space and sharing medium.)
- Before you export the video, make sure to check the ‘Use hardware-accelerated encoding’ option.
- Click on the Export button.
- Select a file location in your device to save the video in .mp4.
The video is created and exported, now enjoy playing it with any device which supports MP4 playback, share it with your family using emails, social media, or even upload on YouTube.
2] Create Video Project Manually Using Photos App
Using Photos App to create a video project manually from scratch, follow these steps:
- Open Photos, Click on the Video Editor tab.
- Click on the New video project button.
- Add an appropriate name to your video, click on the OK button.
Complete the above steps and add images or videos from your device to the storyboard. You can continue editing the video with various options, adding text, changing duration, motion, 3D effects, etc. Use the live preview option before exporting the final video.
3] How To Customize Photos In Video Project (Adding Background Music)
To add the images to your project, you will find a place under the storyboard section to drag and drop all the elements.
Adding Or Customizing Media Elements (Images Or Video)
Use the following steps to add images to your project:
- Click on the Add button under the Project Library in the top-left corner.
- Choose the From my collection option.
- Select the images and videos you want to add to your project.
- Check the media elements to start your video. Click or drag and drop the files to be added to the storyboard.
Adding Background Music using Photos App
Use the following steps to add music:
- In the top-right corner, click on the background music button.
- Choose the soundtrack you want to add.
- Select Sync your video to the music’s beat
- Adjust the volume and click on the Done
Note: Use the custom audio option to add narration to your music.
Similarly, you will be able to change duration, motion, and various filters to your project in simple steps. (All these mentioned features are available under the storyboard section.)
4] How To Add Title Card To The Video Project
You have now created a new project and are ready to edit the video with various options such as duration, text, motion, 3D effects, and filters. Before you edit the project with all the available options, please give it a good start by adding a suitable title.
Adding A Title Card
If you want to break the video into sections, adding a title with a background is an excellent way to mark a change in the scene.
Use the following steps to add the title card:
- Click on the Add title card button under the storyboard section.
- Hold and drag the card to the location where you want to fix it.
- Select the title card to highlight the options. (right-clicking is another way to get the options)
- Click on the Text button to add the title text.
- To customize text, use the text box area.
- Choose any text style from the list and select the layout options to change the appearances of the text.
- Click on the Done button.
- You may change the Background option and click on the OK button to change the background color. (optional)
Note: You may customize the background image also.
5] How To Edit A Video Project Using 3D Effects
The most exciting part of editing videos in the Photos app is adding 3D special effects. Use the following steps to add 3D effects to your video:
- Open Photos and click on the Video Editor tab.
- Add the project to you want to add 3D effects.
- Select the image and click on the 3D effects button.
- Select the effect tab if not appear, choose the 3D effect from the preview on the left.
- Adjust the controls on the left side for the duration of the effect.
- Click on the 3D library tab, select the library category.
- Select the library category and select the element to add to the video, adjusting with the controls for the element’s position. (You can easily rotate and scale the effect).
- Use the Quick animations drop-down menu to select an animation. (optional)
- Click on the Done button.
Congrats! Now You are done with using 3D effects on your video project.
6] How To Take A Backup Project And Make A Duplicate Project
Doesn’t it look promising that the Photos app also provides backup and a duplicate to your project?
Below simple steps will help you to take backup and create a duplicate project:
- Open Photos, click on the Video Editor tab.
- Choose the project you want to backup or make a duplicate.
- Check for the (three-dotted) option from the top-right corner.
- Choose the Backup project option, choose the backup location button. (select a duplicate project and make a copy of this project)
- Select the folder location and click on the Save button.
- Click the OK button.
Finally, we have learned how to create, edit, add filters, motions, create a duplicate, and back up your projects with this article. Don’t forget we have learned to create 3D effects in our project. We have given life to our video by adding some exciting background sound. I hope you enjoyed learning something interesting today!