One of the reasons most of the consumers avoid big-size screen phones is difficulty to reach all corners of the phone. Reaching out to apps which are on top of the screen, and even draw the notification centre, is always painful on these devices. Windows 10 Mobile has introduced One-hand mode feature which slides down the screen so your thumb can reach out everything.
Here is how to enable it:
- Long Press & Hold the Start Button for 2-3 second.
- This will slide down the screen about half-ways making it easier to reach almost everything.
- It is possible to scroll, so the apps which are down below can accessed too.
- To exit, tap on the blank space on the top or just leave it idle for 2-3 seconds, and it restores it back to the normal look and feel.
- This feature works with every app.
This is really cool feature which works ok every size of phone, and not just big screen size phone like the Lumia 950, 950 XL and 1520. Since this is available on every Windows 10 Mobile, this comes in very handy, if you don’t have any place to keep the coffee you are holding with your other hand.
Taking it to the next level, many of you would have liked it if the whole thing could shrink in size, and attached itself to the corner. I think I have seen in some of the Samsung and LG phones. That way, it would have been just smaller in size, no scrolls, and you can still see all your apps in one place.
So do you like this One-Hand Mode? Do you intend to use it? Let us know in the comments.