Microsoft has changed a lot of the processes related to how drivers get installed on our computers. As a result, most drivers come preloaded with Windows. Or Microsoft ships newer updates with system updates. At the same time, this helps in enhancing the overall user experience. But sometimes you may find that some devices aren’t working on your computer. And among them, the audio problem is the most known one. So in case if you are too facing the same issue, then the question is how to fix sound or audio problems in Windows 11/10?
How to Fix Sound or Audio Problems in Windows 11/10
Some of these methods will need administrator permission.
- Check Sound Settings
- Run Audio Troubleshooter
- Restart Audio Services
- Disable Audio Enhancements
- Reinstall Audio Drivers
- Update IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
- Fix Realtek Audio
Well, let’s go ahead and check out the possible fixes:
1] Check Sound Settings
Before I get into any audio troubleshooter options, the first thing I would recommend you to check is your sound settings.
You might have muted your speakers. As a result, you do not hear any audio output. To check this, right-click on the speaker icon from the system tray and select Open Sound Settings.
Now, check if you have selected the right output device. Along with that, also have a look at the master volume.
Also, do scroll down and click on App volume and device preference and then check if you have muted app sound or not.
If everything seems fine, check out the speaker cables, plugs, speaker connections, headphone connections, and other audio connections. And ensure that everything is working.
2] Run Audio Troubleshooter
The next thing that you can try out is to run the audio troubleshooter. Windows offers you a built-in audio troubleshooter that you can use to fix audio-related issues.
However, if you have used Microsoft troubleshooters before, you already know that the default troubleshooter doesn’t really help. But still, it is worth giving a try by following the below steps:
- Click on the Windows search menu and type down Troubleshoot settings.
- Next, click on Additional troubleshooters or Other troubleshooters
- Click on Playing Audio and then click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Then let Windows perform a troubleshoot, and if it finds any, it will let you know about it.
- And then, you can follow further steps to fix the issue completely.
3] Restart Audio Services
There is also a high chance that Windows might have disabled the audio service on your computer. As a result, you are facing issues with your audio. To fix this, you can restart audio services by following the below steps:
- At first, click on the Windows search bar and type down services and launch it.
- Next, Windows will bring up a list of a wide range of services. However, do look for Windows Audio.
- Then right-click on it and select restart.
- Once done, follow the same steps with other services such as Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Remote Procedure Call.
- Finally, check if it has helped you to fix sound on PC or not.
4] Disable Audio Enhancements
Lastly, you can consider disabling Audio enchantments. Audio enhancements are inbuilt Microsoft and third-party packages that ensure that the system’s specific audio hardware works perfectly.
Also, sometimes it is the main reason why your computer audio may not work properly. But it is straightforward to disable audio enhancements. And you can do so by following the below steps:
- Right-click on the speaker icon from the system tray.
- Go to Sounds and click on the Playback tab from the top.
- Next, double-click on the output device and switch to the Enhancements tab.
- Place a check next to the Disable all enhancements option.
- Finally, click on Apply and OK, and then check if it has solved the issue for you.
5] Reinstall Audio Drivers
Another way to fix Sound on PC. you can consider reinstalling audio drivers. There is a high chance that the current audio driver you are using is corrupted or not compatible. And to do this, you can follow these below steps:
- At first, right-click on the start menu and select Device Manager.
- Then expand the Sound, video, and game controllers option.
- Next, right-click on the audio driver and select Properties, and go to the Driver tab.
- From here, select the Roll Back Driver option if available. Else, click on Uninstall Device option and follow all the on-screen instructions.
- Then do download the audio driver from your manufacturer’s website.
- In case if you are using a laptop or pre-built PC, then do download the driver from your Laptop manufactures website.
- For custom PCs, do download the driver from your motherboard’s manufacturer website.
- After downloading the driver, do follow all the on-screen instructions and install it on your computer, and it should fix the issue for you.
6] Update IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
To fix the no sound Windows 11/10 issue, you can also try updating IDT high-definition audio CODEC. And for this, you have to follow the below steps:
- Right-click on the Sart menu and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers option.
- Over here, if you spot IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, then right-click on it. If you don’t see the option, move to other fixes down below.
- From the right-click menu, select Update Driver.
- Then click on Search automatically for drivers > Search for updated drivers on Windows update.
- Finally, click on Check for updates button and install any available Windows updates.
7] Fix Realtek Audio
You might be facing Windows no sound Realtek driver issue. However, the good part is that fixing the issue is extremely easy. All you have to do is download the latest version of the Realtek Audio driver from its official website and install it on your computer, and the issue should get fixed.
How Do I Fix the “Audio Services Is Not Responding” Problem on Windows?
To fix audio services are not responding, you can restart the audio service by going to RUN > services.msc > Right-click on Windows Audio > Restart.
My Computer Audio Is Not Working Properly. How Do I Fix It?
You can fix the issue by reinstalling the audio driver. For this, go to Device Manager > Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers option. Then right-click on the audio driver and select uninstall. After that, download audio drivers and install them.
I Just Upgraded to Windows 11/10, and the Audio Is Not Working on My Laptop. How Can I Fix That?
Suppose your computer audio stopped working after you have upgraded to Windows 11/10. Then you need to update your Windows drivers, and it should fix the issue for you.
So that was an answer to your how-to-fix sound or audio problems in Windows 11/10 question. Now go ahead and check out the above-mentioned fixed and see if any of them are working for you or not. Also, for any other questions, comment below.