Are you facing the Zoom camera not working error on your Windows PC? Looking for solutions? If yes, then you are at the right place. This post will provide the Zoom camera error’s cause and solutions to help you resolve the issue.
Reasons Why Zoom Camera Stops Working During Video Meeting
If you are facing, Zoom not detecting the camera or Zoom camera is not working error, then it could be because of several reasons like
- Camera’s hardware issue
- Outdated or corrupted device drivers
- Webcam is not selected in Zoom
- Your camera is disabled in your device’s settings
- Interference from any other devices or programs.
How to Fix Zoom Camera Not Working on a Windows Laptop
In this section, we will guide you on fixing the Zoom camera not working on your laptop. Here we will provide five working methods to help you resolve your Zoom camera issue effectively.
- Check if your camera is connected properly
- Check the video camera settings in Zoom
- Check the system’s camera settings and Permissions
- Update Zoom to the newest version
- Reinstall Zoom to fix the camera not working
We recommend you try all these methods and find the best and easiest one to resolve the issue. Let’s get started without wasting more time.
1] Check If Your Camera Is Connected Properly
If your Zoom camera is not working, then before going into technical solutions, first, you need to ensure that the webcam is correctly connected to your PC or not. If you are using an external camera, ensure it is not broken. In the case of a Wireless camera, ensure both devices are correctly connected via Bluetooth and have a sufficient power supply (battery).
2] Check the Video Camera Settings in Zoom
If your web camera is working correctly, but it is still not working in Zoom, then you must check the camera settings of your Zoom application. When you join a meeting, you will see a prompt saying Turn off my video. You will enter the conference without a camera if you check that box.
If you want to turn on the camera, you can do it manually by pressing the Start Video icon on the bottom-left side of the screen. You can also press the ALT+V keys simultaneously to turn it on.
If you did not check that, Turn off my video box and still do not get the camera feedback, then ensure all the apps using your webcam are closed. Also, check you are using the right camera for your Zoom call.
3] Check the System’s Camera Settings and Permissions
If your Zoom camera is not working, then there is a possibility that the system is blocking the app from accessing your camera. Usually, the Zoom app must be allowed for the webcam to run. If it’s not allowed, the camera will not turn on even if all the settings are appropriate. So make sure to enable the camera permissions to fix the camera issue in Zoom.
Follow the below steps to give permission.
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Settings option. Now click on the Privacy & security option, and from the right side panel, click on the Camera option under the App permission section.
- Now toggle the camera access section as On. Under the camera access section, check the Let apps access your camera section and find the Zoom app.
- Check whether the Zoom app permission is on or disabled. If it’s disabled, then toggle the button to allow it. After enabling the setting Now, check whether the camera issue is fixed or the issue is still there.
4] Update Zoom to the Newest Version
If you are running an outdated version of Zoom on your Windows PC, there is a chance that your camera will not work. It’s always crucial to update your apps to run them smoothly without any issues, so visit the Zoom official download page to download the latest version and check whether your camera issue is fixed or still there.
5] Reinstall Zoom to Fix the Camera Not Working
If all the methods mentioned above fail, uninstall and reinstall the Zoom app from your Windows. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Zoom app.
- Press Windows + R key simultaneously to open the Run command box. Then type appwiz.cpl and press the Enter key.
- Now select the Zoom app from the programs list and right-click on it. Select Uninstall and follow the further instructions to remove the previously installed Zoom app from your Windows PC.
- Visit the official download page of Zoom to download the latest version of Zoom and install it on your PC. After the installation of the Zoom app, check whether your camera issue is fixed or not.
In this post, we have discussed why the Zoom camera is showing errors and its five most effective solutions. l will recommend you try every method and see whine works best for you. Yes! If you face a Zoom video corruption or accidental deletion, install the most reliable data recovery software to retrieve your data successfully without any modification.
In this section, we have answered some frequently asked questions that might clarify your doubts about the Zoom camera not working error. So read this section carefully, and still, if you have any questions regarding this topic, feel free to ask us in the comment section; we would love to answer those.
How to Take Notes During Zoom Meetings?
Within the Zoom app, there is no such note-taking feature available! So during Zoom meetings, you can use any third-party note-making apps like Ever note, Notion, or One note. On the other hand, Fathom is a free Zoom app that records, transcribes, and highlights the key moments from your Zoom calls so that you can install that and capture the key moments during Zoom meetings.
How to Fix the Zoom Webcam Not Working On Lenovo Laptops?
If you are a Lenovo laptop user facing the Zoom Webcam not working error, quickly and easily fix it by following the guide below.
- Click Hardware Settings, then click Audio/Visual. Please scroll down and switch the Camera Privacy Mode toggle to off.
- Reinstall the camera driver from its official website
- Reinstall Zoom App
How Do I Turn off the Camera on Zoom?
You can quickly turn off the Camera on Zoom by clicking the Stop Video button on the toolbar near the bottom-left corner of the Zoom call window.
How Can I Restore Lost Zoom Videos in Windows?
Following this guide, quickly and easily restore lost zoom videos in Windows.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Recordings.
- At the top right, you will see a Trash icon if there are any cloud recordings in the trash.
- Click the icon to see any deleted cloud recordings.
- Click Recover on the right to retrieve the recording, then click Recover again to confirm.