I have been a MacBook user for over a year, and getting on Surface Pro 4 makes me miss a few things here and there. One of the essential things that I miss is the Two Finger gesture which allows me to go backward and forward using Touchpad on Surface Pro 4.
While Surface Pro 4 comes with a precision touchpad that supports many gestures, this is one thing that is still missing. Gladly, just like how we customized the Surface Pen clicks, you can always customize the Touchpad gestures even for new features. So follow this.
How to Get Two Finger Backward & Forward on Surface Touchpad
- Download the two-finger swipe AHK Script from here
- Install AHK software form here.
- Once done, double click on the script you downloaded, and it will run in the background.
- Next open any browsed, Edge, Chome, or Opera, and this will work like a charm.
That said, here is a list of default gestures & tap that comes with the Touchpad on Surface Pro 4:
- Tap on the lower right corner for right-click.
- Double-tap and drag.
- Two-finger drag to scroll
- Two-finger pinch to zoom
- Three Finger Tap
- Four Finger Tap
- Three Finger Drag and Slide
What else are you missing if you jumped to Surface Pro 4 / Surface Book from MacBook?
List of Surface Devices Touchpad gestures on Windows
|Do this||If you want to|
|Press down on the left side of your touchpad||
|Press down on the right side of your touchpad||
|Tap one finger anywhere on the touchpad||
|Tap two fingers anywhere on the touchpad||
|Drag your finger on the touchpad||
|Swipe three fingers up on the touchpad||
|Press and hold the left touchpad button down and then slide a finger in any direction||
|Tap, immediately tap and hold, then drag||
|Slide two fingers horizontally or vertically||
|Pinch your thumb and forefinger together or move them apart||
On Windows 10, go to Start > Settings > Devices > Touchpad.
- On Windows 11, go to Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Touchpad.
Windows now offer a ton of gestures for touchpads both on Surface devices and any other device with or without precision features. If you cannot use them, you can use a third-party app to configure it further.