Do you have an important online presentation with no idea about how to host calls or share screens in Teams? These fall under the basic features of Microsoft Teams and are a must-know for team members. This article will explain how to host a call and share screen in Microsoft Teams.
How to Host a Call and Share Screen in Microsoft Teams?
Sometimes, the most basic features can be challenging to access for some people, especially those who are not too tech-savvy like me. For those people, I’ve divided the article into two parts for ease of understanding, and these are:
- Host a Call
- Share Screen
Let’s see how we can achieve these two tasks in no time using our guide below.
How to Host a Call in Microsoft Teams?
Are you eager to know how to host a call before the meeting starts? Before knowing the excellent screen-sharing feature of Microsoft Teams, understand how to host calls. Test the video call by yourself to make sure everything is perfect.
Here are the steps you need to follow to host a call in Microsoft Teams:
- Open Microsoft Teams app. Go to the Calendar tab that you will find on the left pane.
- Press the Meet Now button that you will find on the right-hand side of the screen.
- A drop-down will appear when you click on the Meet now button. From here, select the Start Meeting button.
- You will come across a pop-up box. Here you will see audio and video settings that you can change. Click on Join Now.
Once you click on Join Now, you are on the call. You have successfully hosted the call in Microsoft Teams. Let’s move to the next section, where you will learn to share screen during the call in Microsoft Teams.
How to Share Screen in Microsoft Teams?
Are you unable to share a screen while giving an online presentation in Microsoft Teams? In that case, take a look at the steps you can adopt to get the job done.
Please note that these are the steps once you have hosted the call and wanted to share your screen with other team members while meeting.
- During the video meeting, click on the Share Screen icon. It is located right beside the Leave button in red.
- Clicking on it will give you a list of all the connected screens. Press on the screen on which you want to share. Click on it.
Now, everyone else attending the meeting can see your computer screen. If you want to stop sharing, go to the meeting toolbar. Click on the stop sharing icon.
What Kind of Content Can You Share via the Screens in Teams?
There are different types of content that one can share in Teams. Some of these are:
- The Windows Microsoft Whiteboard app. It allows the users to write their thoughts or views on the whiteboard canvas present.
- The browser window
- The desktop
- Computer sound
- PowerPoint file
How to Give or Take Control of the Screen?
If you are wondering how to take or even give control of the screen during a PowerPoint presentation in Teams, there is a way. Participants can go through the different slides slowly and at their speed. After that, they can sync the view with that of the presenter.
To take over the control during the presentation, it is vital to press the Take Control icon. It is possible to switch between taking and giving control.
The person giving the presentation will have to press the stop presenting option. The eye symbol prevents participants from going through the shared presentation at their own pace.
You can also give control of the presentation by clicking on the give control option. It is relatively easy to give or take control of the screen in the Microsoft Teams app.
How to Zoom the Content?
In Microsoft Teams, you can even zoom out or in the content as per your needs. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the part of the content that you want to zoom.
- You can use the trackpad to pinch out or in the screen for zooming.
- Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcuts for zooming in, press control, and the plus keys. Select the control and minus keys together if you want to zoom out.
- You can even use the mouse for zooming in on content. Press the control key while scrolling the content with the mouse.
How to Record the Shared Content?
Sometimes, a Teams member might miss the meeting due to unforeseen circumstances. In that case, giving them the meeting recording will help them. For that, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the meeting toolbar before you start the presentation or the meeting.
- Click on the three horizontal dots icon. A drop-down menu will appear, click on the Start Recording option.
It is how you can record the shared content easily and share it with your team members later.
You need to follow these steps to share screens and host calls in Microsoft Teams. Knowing these steps will aid in the efficient usage of Teams for your work. Follow these hassle-free steps and get ready for the upcoming presentation right away!