Do you want an excellent Zoom alternative to hosting meetings? In that case, opting for Microsoft Teams is an excellent idea. It is one of the best video conferencing apps right now. This article will discuss how to host meetings in Microsoft Teams.
How to Host Meeting in Microsoft Teams?
If you want to host meetings in the MS Teams app, we have provided a guide below to help you do so. We have written the guide in that manner to host meetings in Microsoft Teams from desktop, web, and mobile apps.
There are three ways to organize meetings in Microsoft Teams:
- Desktop App
- Mobile App
Depending on your primary device, you can choose any of them.
1] How to Organize a Microsoft Teams Meeting via the Desktop App?
You can use the web browser or a desktop client regardless of having a Microsoft Teams account. That way, you can host the meeting in Microsoft Teams with ease.
To start with, we have written a how-to that will help you to host Microsoft Teams meetings via a desktop app. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Microsoft Teams desktop app. Go to Start a chat. However, you can also click on Meet now, especially if you are a first-time user.
- Select the calendar icon present on the left to schedule the meeting. Set the date and time for the meeting.
- You need to fill in other details in the next screen, such as date, title, duration, time, location, etc. Click on the Save button.
- After this, you will see a dialog box popping up on the screen.
- Click on the Copy link. Now, you can share the link for the meeting via social media, email, etc.
- You can also use Google Calendar to send the link. Select the Share Via Google Calendar button to do so.
- In that case, a tab will open in your default browser automatically. Check out the pre-filled details and make sure everything is perfect.
- Search for Guests and then click on Add guests. It will allow you to add participants to the meeting.
- You can check the required boxes to set up the Guest permissions.
- Click on the Save button that you will find on top of the browser window.
- Now, you will see another dialog box with three options – back to editing, don’t send, and send.
- Select Send. Teams will send an email to the recipient with the meeting link.
Alternative Method Using the Desktop App
There is another alternative method that you can choose to organize the Microsoft Teams meeting via the desktop app. Take a look at the steps below:
- Open the Microsoft Teams desktop client. Go to the Chat pane present at the top-left part of the screen.
- Click on the camcorder icon to start the New Meeting.
- You can also select the chat icon to initiate a chat meeting.
- Then, a dialog box will pop up.
- It would help if you typed in the Meeting name.
- After that, choose the Get a link to share button. It will lead to the generation of a meeting link.
- Now, press the copy icon to share the meeting link via email or manually.
- If you have already shared the meeting link previously, click on the Start meeting.
- Once you click on Start Meeting, the Audio and Video Settings window will open. Click on Join Now button if you are happy with the settings; otherwise, you can change according to your requirements.
- Another dialog box will appear asking how you invite people to join you.
- There are four options available – Copy meeting link, Share via Outlook Calendar, Share via Google Calendar, and Share via default mail. Opt for any one of the options to share the meeting invite.
That’s how you can host meetings in the Microsoft Teams app if you use the desktop app.
2] How to Host the Microsoft Teams Meeting With the Web App?
Don’t have a desktop app or your work machine with you? Want to host meetings in Microsoft Teams app still? Here are the steps you can follow to host a Microsoft Teams meeting with the web app.
- Go to the official website of Microsoft Teams or click on teams.live.com.
- Select the Sign-in button and Choose to Use the Web App option.
- If you don’t have a Teams account, you will need to make one. For that, press on Sign up for Teams. Then, click on Sign up for free. Fill in the details required.
- Opt for any one of the options in – How do you want to use Teams? Press Next. Now, you are logged into your Microsoft Teams account.
- Click on Join to start the meeting.
- To copy the meeting link, press on the link icon.
- Another way to start the meeting is to click on the Your meeting is created link.
- You will need to give permission access if you are a first-time web app user.
- Choose Allow or Block accordingly.
- Click on Join now button.
The meeting will start right away. You can follow the next steps to add multiple participants too. And that’s how you can host meetings in the Teams app via the web app.
3] How to Host a Microsoft Teams Meeting Through the Mobile App?
Do you want to host the Microsoft Teams Meeting using the Mobile App? For that, take a look at these steps that will help you do so.
- Install and open the Microsoft Teams app on your phone.
- Click on the Meet Now button.
- Fill in the Meeting name.
- Press on the Copy Meeting link. You can share this with other participants of the meeting.
- Click on Start meeting.
- Press Join now.
- Click on Add participants to add more people to the meeting. You can also select the Share meeting invites and ask people to participate in the meeting.
- You will get multiple sharing options such as email, Facebook, etc. Choose anyone.
- An invitation message which is open to editing will be sent to all the people you choose. Click Send, and you are done.
That’s it. That is how you can host meetings in Microsoft Teams using the mobile app. Whether you have iPhone or Android phone, the steps will remain the same.
With Microsoft Teams, it is now easy to organize and host a team meeting. You can use the desktop, mobile, or web app for successful hosting. Sent the links and other pre-requisites in advance to ensure that the meeting goes off without a hitch.
How Many Can Be On a Teams Meeting at One Teams End Meeting?
Teams End Meetings allows up to 250 participants simultaneously for an instant or scheduled meeting.
How Can I Invite 150 People to a Microsoft Team?
To invite people to join meetings on the Microsoft team, you need to select Chat or Teams followed by Invite people on the left side of the app. After that, invite your contacts by choosing the email ID from your contacts. You can manually add an email ID for whom you want to invite if not on your contacts list.
Do You Need Install Teams to Join an External?
No, you can join a meeting without installing the Teams app on your device. Click on the meeting invite and choose Join Microsoft Teams Meeting. You have two choices by now: join the meeting on the web or download the app. Select Join Meeting on the Web option.