Windows 10 Creators Update lets you manage Themes in the way it was in Windows 7 & Windows 8, but better with refreshed UI. We this has been implemented in , and Windows Store will officially host all the themes which you can download, and manage.
In this post we take a deep dive into how you can manage the themes, change background, wallpaper, audio, and also download the themes from the store.
How to Install Windows 10 Theme ?
It is best to grab the themes officially from the Windows Store, and do thison your Windows 10 Machine hereto try out downloading themes from the Store. Once the theme is downloaded, it will show up in the Themes section for you.
Where are the Themes Managed in Windows 10 ?
Go to Settings > Personalization > Themes. This is one stop section for everything on themes.
Here you get to see preview of how your theme looks like which includes preview for Colour of Start Menu, and background.
In the same section, you have few themes already available which you might have already downloaded before, and also includes Synced Theme & the default Windows Theme. The synced theme is one which is available across your Windows 10 devices.
How to Customize a Windows 10 Theme ?
Any existing theme can be customized by changing Background, Colour, Sounds, and Mouse Cursor. The options are available right next to the preview.
- You can choose to have a static wallpaper, or select a slide show. For slideshow you can have a folder selected. You can also disable this when on battery power.
- You can change picture every 1 minute or delay it as long as 1 day.
- Option to use Shuffle, Choose how to the walloper fits on the desktop.
- You can either choose from the available palette of 48 colours or from recent ones.
- If you love your background wallpaper, theme can pick up the colour from that automatically.
- Keep Start, taskbar, and action center transparent.
- You can even choose app mode between light, and dark.
- High Contrast settings are also available. Read more about it here.
How to Save a Windows 10 Theme ?
Once the theme is customized, it’s a good idea to save theme so you can reuse it. The option to save the existing theme is available right under preview. Once you put an appropriate name, it will appear under “Apply a Theme” section for future use.
How to Delete a Windows 10 Theme?
Long press on any of themes you have, and you will get an option to delete it. Hit delete, and it will be removed along with all the files, and images.
That said, this option does not show up for some of the themes which comes bundled with Windows 10.
Enjoy Windows 10 Themes
If you further want to customise your Windows 10 Looks, check out our detailed guide on how to personalize Windows 10.
That’s about it. We will soon get you list of some of the best Windows 10 Themes around, and you can use this guide to mange theme completely. Creators Update will also include direct store option to download themes. We will update the guide, once it rolls out.