Window 10 Themes can be easily installed from Microsoft Store, but sometimes these themes fail to install even when you can download them from the store. This post will offer a workaround that will help you install the theme.
How to Install the Windows 10 Themes from Microsoft Store which fail to install
- Go to Microsoft Store, and locate theme.
- Click on the Get button to download them.
- This will be replaced with the Launch button, but it doesn’t work right now.
Workaround to Install Theme, which fails to install.
- Go to Program Files
- Enable Hidden Folders by using the View Menu
- This will make the “WindowsApps” folder appear.
- When you try to access it, it will talk about permission and open the security tab.
- Next, click on the Advanced button, and change the ownership by adding yourself as a user using the search option.
- Once done, take ownership of all the files, including the subcontainers and objects.
- Once done, you will be able to access the “WindowsApps” folder.
- Next, go to WindowsApps and Search the name of the theme you just installed.
- Open the folder which shows up and Go into Themes Folder.
- Click on the Theme file. There should be only a file inside it.
- Once you do that, the theme will be applied to the Windows 10 PC
You can also choose to create a new theme for yourself by using wallpaper, sound, mouse icons, and more.