Windows 10 Mobile & PC now come with option to prioritise notification as per your need. While default is set high for Cortana, if your Emails are your top priority you can do that by going to Settings > System > Notifications & Actions. More on this here.
Now, what if you are more of a dynamic person who would like to change notification priority from time to time. Say for example, you would want your emails to stay on top throughout the day, but Facebook gets more preferences after your 9 to 5 job. Repeating it by going through the long process is little tough every-time. So here is something faster:
- Open your Action Drawer which has notifications. Look Carefully, and you will notice notifications are grouped under apps which has label on top with icon. So You should see Facebook with Facebook Icon and group of messages under it.
- Long press on the icon and its label and you will see the following options:
- Make this App high priority or Remove Priority of this app.
- Turn off Notifications for this app
- To to Notification Settings.
- Long press on any of the notifications which are grouped together and you will have only last two options which I mentioned above.
This way you can quickly promote or demote app notifcations from the action centre, and this is one of my favourite features which I am using now on daily basis. I noticed this feature in the last build 14372, and it should work equally on Windows 10 PC and Mobile.