Scanning documents or images is one of the everyday tasks that we perform. We scan documents to send them over email, digitalize hard copies, and so on. However, there are a lot of users who are unaware there is a scanning app on Windows PC. Here is how to open the scan app and scan documents on their Windows PC.
If the same goes for you, then I will be sharing a step-by-step guide with you. I will talk about Microsoft’s scan app and how you can set it up and get started with it.
How To Open Scan App on Windows 11/10?
Your Scanner already comes with OEM software for all your scanning needs. So in case, if you have the software, then do install it on your computer and see if it can detect your Scanner or not. Or you can download the software from your Scanner or printer’s official website.
Apart from the OEM software, you can also use a free-to-use scanning software known as Windows Scan.
It is a free-to-download app available on Microsoft Store. And for this tutorial, I will be using it only. But no matter what application you choose to use, make sure you have installed your Scanner or printer driver. Anyway, here are the steps that you have to follow:
- Go to the Search menu (Win + S), type down Microsoft Store, and launch it.
- Search for Windows scan and click on Get to download and install it on your computer.
- Once installed, launch it by clicking on the Open button.
- Now it will ask you to connect a scanner, So do that.
- Once you have connected your scanning device, you should see its name on the sidebar.
Now that you are done connecting your scanner device to your computer, the next step is to take a scan. So for this, follow the below steps.
How To Scan a Document in Windows 11/10?
- At first, launch the Windows Scan app using the Start Menu.
- Next, you should see a File type dropdown menu on the sidebar. Use it to choose an export format for your scans. Such as saving your scan as PDF, PNG, JPG, or any other file type.
- Now place a document on the Scanner and put down the lid.
- Come back to the Windows scan app and click on Preview, and it will start capturing the document.
- In the preview mode, you can click on show more to get additional settings like selecting color mode, selecting area to scan, and saving location.
- Once you are done making all the changes as per your needs, click on the Scan option.
How Do You Scan a Document From Your HP Printer to Your Computer?
Different printers have different ways of functioning. However, the Windows scan app can be used for the job. Connect your HP printer to your PC and launch the Windows scan app to capture and save a scan.
How Can I Scan a Document Into a Computer Without a Scanner?
The best way to scan a document without a scanner is to use a smartphone application. Fortunately, we have too many mobile document scanner apps available which use your smartphone’s camera to capture a scan. For instance, you can use Adobe scan for the job.
Where Is the Scan App on My Computer?
If you cannot find the Scan app, I recommend installing the Windows Scan app from the Microsoft store. Once you have installed it, go to the Start menu and search for Scan to access it.
So that was all for how to open the scan app and Scan Documents on this PC. Now go ahead and try the steps by yourself and see if you can scan your documents. In case you are stuck at anything, do let me know through the comments.
I have completed all the steps an the scanned seemed to work. Where do I find the scan on my PC?
In the Start Menu (Win+S), Type Scan, and the app should appear in the list. You can also search for it in the Microsoft Store, and if it is installed, you will get to open it directly