Do you want to prevent users from recording meetings in Microsoft Teams? There may be varied reasons for you not wanting to allow users to record the Teams meeting. In this article, we will discuss preventing Teams from meeting recording.
How to Prevent Users From Recording in Microsoft Teams?
There are two distinct ways you can prevent others from recording the meetings. We will discuss These are as follows:
- Prevent Recording Before the Call
- Prevent Recording During the Call
We will be providing steps for both methods in detail so that you can easily follow them. Have a look!
1. How to Prevent Recordings Before the Call in Teams?
You can stop others from recording meetings in Teams even before it starts. Here are the steps that you can follow to do so. Take a look!
- Open Microsoft Teams on your desktop. You can use the web version as well if you want.
- Go to the Calendar. You will find it on the left pane of the app. Select New Meeting on the extreme top right corner to schedule a meeting.
- Fill in the details such as the name of the meeting, date, time, and channel. Click on the Save button from the top right corner.
- Once you are done with all the details, click on the Send button to inform other participants about the meeting.
- Go back to the Calendar. Click on the meeting just scheduled. A pop-up window will open. Select Edit to open the Meeting Details.
- Now, select Meeting Options from the next window.
- It will open a web page in your default browser. If you have never used the web version, you will have to log in with the necessary credentials.
- From there, scroll to the option– Who Can Present? By default, it is set to everyone. Please change it to Only Me from the drop-down that will appear once you click on the arrow.
- Click on the Save button.
Once you click on the Save button, no one can record the Teams meeting. It is because recording rights have been given to those who can present Teams meeting. Once it is set to the Only Me option, you will have the right to record meetings in the Teams app.
2. How to Prevent Recordings During the Call in Teams?
You can skip these steps if you have already followed the above steps. However, many people forgot to turn off the recording for other users before joining the call. If you are already in a meeting, there’s a way you can prevent others from recordings in the Teams app.
Follow the steps below and check how to stop others from recording the meeting during the call in Microsoft Teams. Have a look!
- During the meeting, click on the People icon. It will open the list of participants present in the meeting.
- After that, you need to click on More Actions (3 dots icon).
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select Manage Permissions from here.
- It will lead to the web page on your default page. From here, go to Who Can Present?
- Click on the arrow and change the default Everyone to Only Me from the drop-down.
- Select Save to save the changes.
That is it. It is how you can prevent others from recording the meetings during the call.
These are the different ways to stop other participants from recording the Teams meeting. You can prevent the ability of others to record before or during the meeting. It will compel others to attend the meeting and not rely on later access.