Many a time you format your SD card and hard drive assuming you have taken all the backup. But then there is always something that gets missing. The tough part is that Windows doesn’t have any feature that to recover formatted SD card and hard drives. Only if you had taken a backup, you still had a chance. Today, we will talk about software from EaseUS, which lets one recover files from a formatted SD card or Harddrive.
When do files get permanently deleted?
When you permanently delete a file, they are removed from the index of the drive. Without the index, Windows will not be able to find the file. However, the space occupied by the deleted file is only reclaimed when required. It also means that the file is still there, but it cannot be found. So if you dont do any further file operation on the drive, chances are that you may recover the data.
EaseUS offers a Data Recovery software which is free if you want to recover files up to 2 GBs. It is enough for those who deleted images, a small video clip, and so on.
How to recover formatted SD card and hard drives
Now I will show how to recover formatted sd
- Connect the SD card or hard drive to the computer where the software is installed.
- It will list down all the connected drives, SD card, hard drives to the computer. You can also choose Desktop, Recycle bin or any particular folder.
- Select the SD card or Hard drive, and then click on Scan button
- As the scan continues, you will see a list of files which can be recovered.
- Once it completes, it will show you a list of files which you can recover
- Next select files which you want to recover, and click on the Recover button. Choose a destination button, and it will make a copy of the file there
While it is best to wait for the scan to complete, I have noticed that the final scan has less number of files compared to what shows up in the live scan. So if thats the case, you can choose the recover files while the scan is in progress.
Doesn’t it sound easy? Now that you know how to recover formatted hard
Save Scan Results
It is possible to save the results from the scan so you dont have to search again. It is crucial if you are scanning a large size hard drive.
That said, here is the deal. The free version of the software allows you to recover 2GB of data only if you share it on the social network. Else the actual restriction is 500 MB. I am sure if your files are important, you won’t mind sharing it. Here is the list of features:
- Recover deleted and formatted data from different data loss situations
- Recover all types of lost files: photos, documents, videos, audio, emails, compressed files, etc.
- Export or import scanning results
If you choose the paid version, there are no restrictions. You get support and no limit on how much data you can recover. If you are in a situation where you need to scan a large hard drive, you can try the free software, and then choose to buy the professional version.