It may so happen that you have bought a new Xbox Console or accidentally deleted your profile, which means that all your game data, score, profile picture, badges all are missing. At these times you might just get into panic that though all your profile is on the Xbox Live Online Account but how do you get it on the console. Good news is Xbox has a recovery system in place for these kind of situation.
Now this can be divided into two parts.
- Recovering an Xbox Gamer Tag which is associated with an online Xbox Live Account.
- and Second, Recovering a profile which was offline i.e. Only created on Xbox and never connected online.
Recovering Online Xbox Gamer Tag :
- Press the Xbox Button This will open the Xbox Guide Menu.
- Then Press the blue X button on your controller. This will sign you out if any profile which is currently signed in.
- Then you will see a new menu option which says Recover Gamer Tag. This will be right under Create Profile Menu.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Next you will be asked to signin to your Xbox Profile using your account credentials.
- Once it is validated you should see the message ” Downloading Profile. Please Wait”.
- Now depending on how much data your profile has which again depends on number of games played etc, It might take some time which can be between 10 Minutes to sometimes 30 minutes.
- Once Recovery is complete, You should see your Gamer Tag with message “The account has been recovered to the console, You can now use it to sign in to Xbox Live”
[styled_box title="Video Tutorial" color="green"] [/styled_box]
Recovering Offline Xbox Profile:
This is possible if you have taken a backup on a USB driver or any storage by moving it. To bring it back to your console :
- Plugin in your storage device to Xbox console
- Go to System Settings > Memory Unit and choose the one you have plugged in.
- Get inside it and select the Gamer Profile Folders.
- Select the profile you want to move and then choose move from the next option.
- Then you will need to select the drive where you want to move. Once done you should be able to load your profile from that storage drive.
- Make sure you do not turn off your console else this will fail and you might have to start again.
- It is possible that if your storage device is new and never used before, Xbox will format it to make it compatible with Xbox File System.