Whether you are a personal or professional user of Windows 10/11, remember it’s just an operating system and not a server that provides services; you always need to keep it turned on. Most of the time, you need to restart your system to resolve several issues and install an update. Now the question is how you can restart Windows PC? The answer is simple! There are several ways you can restart or reboot your pc. Here in this post, we will guide you in the easiest ways to help you restart your computer swiftly.
Why Do You Need to Restart Windows PC
Before going further in detail, it’s necessary to know why you need to restart your Windows PC? Restarting a Windows PC can resolve slowness or RAM problems, fix Memory leaks or application errors, and resolve performance issues; last but not least, after your Windows updates, you need to restart your PC to complete all the update files installation.
How to Restart Windows PC (Multiple Ways)
Here we will guide you four most easy and safe ways to restart Windows PC. Those four ways are like
- Power Button on the Start Menu
- Right-click or Context Menu on the Start button
- Using Alt+F4 shortcut
- Through Command prompt or Windows PowerShell
Follow the exact steps below to perform the Windows PC restart process swiftly.
1] Power Button on the Start Menu
The power button of the Start menu method is the best option to restart your PC when everything is working fine, and you need a scheduled restart. To restart or reboot your PC do the followings.
- Click the Start button on the taskbar, and now click the Power button on the lower right corner to see the Sleep, Shutdown, and Restart options.
- Select the Restart option to reboot your system. Now your system will turn off and start automatically without pressing any extra buttons.
2] Right-Click or Context Menu on the Start Button
You can easily restart or reboot your pc via Right-click or context Menu on the Start button. Follow the below-given steps to complete this process smoothly.
- Right-click on the Start button on the Windows 11/10 taskbar. Or you can also press Windows + X keys simultaneously to open the Power User menu.
- Now select the Shutdown or sign out option; there, you will see four options Sign out, Sleep, Shut down and Restart.
- Select the Restart option to reboot your computer.
3] Using the Alt+F4 Shortcut
Do you know you can safely restart your Windows PC using the Alt+F4 shortcut? Yes! Follow the given steps below to perform this process smoothly.
- First, you need to close all the windows visible on your desktop.
- Now click once desktop and press Alt+ F4 keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Now you will see the Shut Down Windows appear on your screen, use the drop-down menu to select the Restart option. Click on the OK option to reboot or restart your system.
4] Through Command Prompt or Windows Terminal or Windows PowerShell
Command prompt or Windows PowerShell method is the easiest one you can follow to restart your system. Follow the steps below to perform this process.
- Open any of the terminals from the Windows task search bar.
- On the command prompt window, type
- Press the Enter key, and the computer will reboot
Restarting or rebooting the Windows system can resolve several issues. In this post, we have given the four most effective and easiest ways to perform a safe restart of a Windows PC. You can follow any method to restart your system at your convenience.
How Do I Force Restart My Computer?
You can force Restart your Windows PC by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys, clicking the power button while holding the Ctrl button, and pressing OK to confirm the emergency restart message.
How To Schedule Restart PC?
You can easily schedule Restart PC by using the Task Scheduler. With the help of Task Scheduler, you can schedule the system to shut down at a particular time.
How To Restart a PC on Network?
You can easily restart a pc on Network by using the command prompt command. Type shutdown/i in the command prompt window and press Enter. It will open the option to restart the remote computer on the network.
How to Hard Reboot Windows PC?
The best way to force restart your computer is to hold the power button down for five to 10 seconds. It will allow your computer to restart safely without disrupting total power loss.