Taking a screenshot on Windows 10 is pretty easy, and there are several tools available for it. But sometimes, you need to convert a screenshot to PDF. So the question is, How do you save a Screenshot as a PDF in Windows 10?
There are many free and premium tools are available out there for this specific job. Even Windows 10 itself comes with two applications MS Paint and Photos app. But in case if you are not aware of how to use them for converting screenshots into PDF, let me guide you with all the steps.
Why people want to convert a screenshot into a PDF
There are several reasons why one would want to convert a screenshot into a PDF. For instance, PDF images are ideal for printing, and it is highly used in graphic design, posters, and flyers. It is also hard to edit a PDF file that makes sure the image is not moderated.
Also, PDFs are an ideal choice for storing images online. As well as there are many government and other institutions that may require you to upload a PDF file of a screenshot.
How to Save a Screenshot as PDF in Windows 10?
The below guide will highlight three different tools to convert a screenshot into a PDF file on your Windows 10 PC. And for this tutorial, I am going to use the below tools:
- Photos App
- Paint Application
- Adobe Acrobat (Image to PDF feature)
You can use any of these tools, but make sure to compare all the features.
1] Photos App
The Photos App is an in-built tool that comes with Windows 10. Using this, you can easily view and edit your photos and videos and create albums.
Even, it also allows you to create a video from photos and videos you select. As well as it offers you basic editing tools for videos and photos. Such as you can, change filters, add text, and so on.
- It lets you crop and rotate photos, adjust color and lighting, add filters and other effects.
- You can draw on a photo or video and share an animated playback of your drawing.
- View images as a slideshow.
- It comes with video editing features like trimming, adding filters and other effects, and share them on social media sites.
- It creates albums and videos for you automatically and allows you to save the ones you like.
Steps to convert a screenshot into a PDF using Photos App
- Right-click on the screenshot that you want to convert and go to Open With > Photos.
- Then click on the Print icon from the top right corner.
- Next, from the sidebar, select Microsoft Print to PDF from the Printer’s drop-down menu.
- Click on the Print button and enter a file name and choose a location to save the file.
2] Paint Application
Another built-in tool that you can use to save a screenshot as PDF is MS Paint. As you already know that, it is a free-to-use computer program made by Microsoft. It allows you to create picture files, edit pictures or paint something on your computer.
You can quickly add texts to your images, resize them, draw on your pictures, and so on. However, it is not really an advanced program. But it has lots of features that help us to get done with certain tasks easily.
- Extremely easy to use.
- It comes with lots of tools that allow you to edit your images.
- You can use it for creating artworks.
- It lets you add text to your images, resize them or draw on the images.
Steps to Save a Screenshot as PDF in Windows 10 using MS Paint
- Right-click on the screenshot and go to Open With > Paint.
- Once the image opens with Paint, click on File from the top left corner.
- Then go to Print and select Microsoft Print To PDF option.
- Finally, click on the Print button and give your File a name and choose a location to save your File.
3] Adobe Acrobat (Image to PDF feature)
Lastly, you can try out Adobe Acrobat. It comes with an image to PDF feature, which helps you convert any screenshot into a PDF file seamlessly.
Also, Adobe Acrobat is one of the most advanced PDF editing tools that you can try out. With this one, you can easily make your documents searchable, so finding information would be easier.
You will also be able to convert PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, and other image formats into PDF instantly. However, to convert screenshots into PDF, you will need to get a subscription.
Adobe Acrobat Features:
- It lets you convert Word, Excel, or PowerPoint Files to PDF.
- You can apply passwords and permissions to your PDF files.
- It can convert JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, and image formats to PDF.
- You can use it to merge files into one PDF.
- Fill in and sign any form.
Steps to convert a screenshot to PDF using Adobe Acrobat
- Launch the software and go to Tools and click on Crete PDF.
- Then select the screenshot that you wish to convert.
- Finally, select a location and enter the file name, and you are all done.
So that was a quick guide on how to save a screenshot as a PDF in Windows 10. Now go ahead and give these applications a try and see which one is working the best for you. Also, if there is anything you would want to ask, then do drop a comment below.