With the integration of the Outlook add-in, you can now schedule meetings in Teams from Outlook. Moreover, it is also possible to view, join and accept Microsoft Teams meetings in desktop, web, and mobile apps.
How to Schedule a Teams Meeting From Outlook?
As we know, there are various Microsoft Teams apps on different platforms. We thought to come up with a detailed article that will help you learn how to schedule Teams meetings from Outlook.
In this article, we will discuss:
- Schedule Meetings from Outlook on Desktop App
- Schedule Meetings from Outlook on Web App
- Remove Teams from Meetings on Desktop and Web
- Make All Meetings Team Meetings on Desktop and Web
- Schedule Meetings from Outlook on iOS and Android
- Remove Teams from Meetings on iOS and Android
- Make All Meetings Team Meetings on iOS and Android
So, let’s get started!
On Desktop and Web Apps
First, we will discuss how to schedule teams meetings from Outlook on desktop and web versions. So, check them one by one:
1. How to Schedule Teams Meetings on the Desktop From Outlook?
These are the steps you can follow if you use the Desktop app. Have a look!
- Go to Outlook and select Calendar view.
- Click on New Teams Meeting present at the top of the screen.
- In the Optional or Invite Attendees box, add the invitees to who you want to send the meeting link. It is possible to invite all the contact groups.
- Here, you will need to fill in the details. These include meeting subjects, timing, and location.
- Create the message in the end box.
- Click on the Send button once you are happy with all the details.
Now, you can see the New Teams Meeting icon in Outlook. And that is how you can schedule teams meeting in Outlook from the desktop app.
If you cannot see this icon, there has been some issue, such as improper installation.
2. How to Schedule Teams Meeting on the Web From Outlook?
Not on your desktop? Still want to schedule Teams meeting? Take a look at the steps you can follow to schedule Teams meeting on the web from Outlook:
- Go to Office.com on your choice of browser.
- Open Outlook by clicking on the icon from the left pane.
- Click on the New Event button at the top of the page.
- A new pop-up window will open. Select More Options.
- Scroll down a little in this window and turn on the Teams Meeting toggle.
Add other relevant details such as name, timing, location, etc.
- Click on the Send button to send the invite, and it will appear on Outlook.
You have successfully scheduled a Teams meeting on Outlook web following the above steps.
3. Can You Remove Teams From a Meeting?
Yes, you can remove Teams from the meeting while creating it. But, this cannot be done after the invitation is sent.
Here is how you can do it on the desktop via Outlook:
- Go to Meeting.
- From there, select Settings.
- A drop-down will appear, click on the Don’t Host Online option.
For the web version, you can follow these steps:
- Click on the New Event button.
- Turn off the Teams Meeting toggle.
This is how you can remove Teams from Outlook desktop and web app if you want to schedule meeting with Teams members.
4. How to Make All Meetings Team Meetings?
Do you want to ensure that all the meetings you schedule from Outlook are online with Team meetings? In that case, you can use the Calendar feature to ensure that it will happen the same way.
Follow the steps to make all meetings Team meetings on the desktop through Outlook:
- Open Outlook. Click on File from the top menu.
- Select options from the drop-down.
- Go to Calendar.
- Scroll down to Calendar Options
- Tick mark the Add online meeting to all meetings option.
For the web version, you can take a look at these steps –
- Open Outlook. Click on the Settings icon on the top right-hand corner.
- A drop-down will appear. Scroll down and select View all Outlook Settings present at the bottom-right part of the screen.
- Click on Calendar. Choose Events and Invitations.
- Tick mark the Add online meeting to all meetings option.
These are the steps you need to follow for all Microsoft Teams meetings in Outlook desktop and web version.
We will move on to the next section to help you achieve all these things on your iOS or Android device.
How to Schedule Teams Meetings on iOS and Android via Outlook?
You can schedule Teams meetings from Outlook via phone. The two most popular operating systems on mobile – iOS and Android can be used for scheduling meetings via Outlook.
We will also help you learn to remove Teams from meetings and make all Teams meetings on your iOS and Android devices. Have a look!
- Open Outlook on your iOS or Android device
- Click on the Calendar icon at the bottom right.
- Tap on the + icon.
- Press on Teams Meeting and make sure that the toggle is on.
- In the Optional or Required fields, add the invitees.
- Now, add the meeting details, such as name, timings, etc.
- Click on the Checkmark icon present on the top-right part of the app.
Once you click on it, invitees will receive the meeting invite, and that is how to schedule Teams meeting in Outlook from iOS or Android devices.
How to Remove Teams From Meetings?
You can remove Teams from meeting while you are creating it in Outlook. However, it is impossible to do so after the invitation is sent.
- Go to the New Event form.
- Click on the Teams Meeting toggle and turn it off.
How to Make All Meetings Teams Meetings?
To make all meetings Teams meetings, you can use the Calendar option. Here are the steps. Take a look!
- Open Outlook.
- Click on the profile picture. You can also select the Office icon.
- Tap on the Settings icon. Go to Mail accounts.
- Click on Office 365 from the list of options.
- Scroll down and tap on Account Settings.
- Select Online Meetings and turn the toggle on.
The meetings will be with Teams online every time you select New Meet from the Outlook app.
These are the different ways to schedule, remove and make all meetings Teams meetings from Outlook. You can do these from desktop, web, and mobile apps. Keep in mind that if these steps don’t work, you need to re-check Outlook installation.