Do you need to schedule Teams meetings with numerous teams? It is possible to schedule meetings at a particular time. In this article, we will talk about different ways to schedule meetings with multiple Microsoft Teams.
How to Schedule Meetings With Multiple Microsoft Teams
There are two different ways to schedule meetings with multiple Teams. But, for your understanding, there’s no direct way to schedule meetings with numerous teams simultaneously. However, we found the workarounds that will help you do so.
Here are the methods that we will use in this article. Have a look!
- Schedule Meetings using Channels
- Schedule Meetings using Outlook
So, let’s not waste time further. Check out both ways to schedule meetings with multiple teams in the Microsoft Teams app.
1. Schedule Meetings using Channels in Teams App
Follow the below instructions that will show how to use channels in the Teams app to schedule meetings with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Open Microsoft Teams. Go to the Calendar tab from the left pane.
- Click on the New Meeting button in the top right-hand corner to schedule a meeting.
- Add someone in the Add Required Attendees tab. It will help you generate the link for the people to join the meeting.
- Generate the link so that others can join the Teams meeting.
- Go back to the Calendar Tab. Click on Meeting Event, which you will find under the Calendar tab. Select the Edit button from the pop-up window.
- Copy the meeting content details (including the meeting link).
- Press the Teams tab on the left pane of the Teams app. Click on the Posts tab located just beside the General tab.
- Choose Format. In the conversations sections, paste the content you copied above.
- Select Post in Multiple Channels. Now, you can opt for the various channels to that you want to send the content details. To do so, click on the Select Channel option.
Any Teams member can join the meeting with this link. These are the steps that you need to follow to schedule meetings with multiple teams channels in Microsoft Teams.
Let’s move on to the next workaround!
2. Schedule Meetings Using Outlook
This method will help you schedule meetings with multiple team members using the Outlook app. You can sign in to the Outlook app using the same credentials you are using in the Microsoft Teams app.
Follow the steps below to schedule a meeting:
- Open the web browser of your choice. Copy and paste portal.office.com and press Enter to open the website.
- Select Outlook from the list of options on the left pane. Make sure that you are logged in to the Office portal.
- A new page will open automatically. Click on the Calendar icon from the left-hand side options and select the New event button.
- A pop-up window will open. Click on the More Options link.
- In the next window, fill out the information needed. Give a name for the meeting.
- Select the Teams that you want to add to the meeting in the Invite Attendees option.
- Choose the date and time for the meeting.
- Toggle on the Teams meeting option. Once you are OK with all the details, click on the Save button to save the meeting.
- Now, you need to open Microsoft Teams .
- Click on Calendar from the left-hand side of the Microsoft Teams options. Search for the meeting you just saved on Outlook.
- There you will find the meeting. Click on it, and you will see multiple teams that you want to join the meeting.
And that’s how you can invite multiple teams to your Microsoft Teams meeting using Outlook. I hope the steps are easy to follow until Microsoft doesn’t give a direct way to schedule meetings with multiple teams in Teams App.
These are the methods you can follow to schedule meetings with multiple Teams. You can opt for either of these methods to schedule meetings with ease. If you have any other workaround that you would think to be helpful, share it with us in the comments section below.
Do You Need Install Teams to Join an External?
No, you can join a meeting without installing the Teams app on your device. Click on the meeting invite and choose Join Microsoft Teams Meeting. You have two choices; join the meeting on the web or download the app. Select Join Meeting on the Web option.
How to Use Teams to Join a Meeting?
You can use several ways to join a meeting from the Teams app or Teams on the web. You can either join a meeting using the URL or from your calendar. You can also join a meeting from a channel or directly from the chat.