Sometimes, people might need to call in the Teams meetings with a phone. In that case, the audio conferencing feature of Microsoft Teams helps a great deal. In this article, we will know more about how to set up audio conferencing for Teams using a Call-In or Dial-In Number.
How to Set Up Microsoft Teams Meeting With Call-In or Dial-In Number?
In order to call into the Teams’ meetings, you need to set up audio conferencing in Microsoft Meeting. There are a few steps that we have listed below. We will be discussing everything in detail so that you can easily set up audio conferencing without scratching your heads.
- Check the Availability in your Country
- Obtain and Assign Licences
- Obtain Service Numbers
- Assign Service Numbers
- Set up Language
- Modify the Audio Conferencing Bridge Settings
- Set Dial-in Phone Numbers for Users
- Send Meeting Invitations
Let’s start following each step carefully to set up Teams meeting with a call-in number.
Step 1: Check Out if Audio Conferencing Is Actually Available in the Country You Reside
The first step is to assess if audio conferencing is available in your country and region. For that, read the Country and region availability for Audio Conferencing and Calling Plans. There, you need to choose the region or country to get more information. You can also get other details such as calling plans, phone system, communication credit, toll-free and toll numbers, etc.
Step 2: Obtain and Assign the Licenses
In order to set up audio conferencing, a license is needed. In fact, every user who needs to schedule dial-in meetings will need a license. You can check out the Microsoft Teams add-on licensing to know more about the costs and the type you need to purchase.
After purchasing the licenses need, you must assign them to the selected users who will lead or schedule meetings.
Tip: You can assign Communications Credits licenses to the users that have been given audio conferencing licenses. The Communications Credits licenses don’t cost anything.
Step 3: Obtain Service Numbers
In audio conferencing, service numbers are used. Here, phone numbers cannot be used. For this, you can opt for either toll-free or toll service numbers. There are various ways you can get toll-free and toll service number
Port the Current Service Numbers:
- You can port the existing number to Office 365 or Microsoft 365.
- Microsoft Teams Admin Center: You can use the Microsoft Teams admin center to get the service number. However, this is available only in some regions and countries.
- Fill out the Request Form: In some cases, you might need area codes or some particular phone numbers. For that, download the form and fill it out. After that, send it to Microsoft.
Step 4: Assign the Service Numbers to the Audio Conferencing Bridge
After you get the toll-free and toll service numbers, you must assign them. That way, users can use these numbers while sending out meeting invitations.
Do you want to assign the number to the audio conferencing bridge? For this, you can use the Microsoft Teams admin center. Check out the steps outlined here:
- Go to Home. Click on Voice.
- Choose Phone numbers.
- Click on the phone number you want to assign.
- Select the Assign option.
Step 5: Set up Default as Well as Alternate Languages for Audio Conferencing Bridge
Now, you must set up the alternate and default languages for your audio conferencing bridge. The default language is the one that the attendant uses to talk with callers while dialing a phone number.
Take a look at the steps that you can follow:
- Use the Microsoft Teams admin center.
- Go to Home > Choose Meetings > Select Conference Bridges.
- Click on the Conferencing Bridge Phone Number. Select Edit.
- Select the default language.
Step 6: Modify the Audio Conferencing Bridge Settings
After this, you need to make sure that some options are enabled in the audio conferencing bridge settings. You need to verify the PIN length, exit/entry notifications, etc.
>If these are not according to your desires, you can make changes. For that, use the Microsoft Teams admin center.
- Go to Home > Meetings > Click on Conference Bridges
- Open Bridge Settings.
- Go to the Bridge Settings pane from here.
Step 7: Set Dial-in Phone Numbers for Users Who Schedule or Lead Meetings
Setting up the Audio Conferencing bridge doesn’t end the work. Now, you must set up the toll-free and toll numbers for the users. This must be made available for those who will schedule or lead meetings.
You can set this up with the help of the Microsoft Teams admin center. Here are the steps:
- Go to Home. Click on Users.
- Choose the user from the list. Select Edit.
- Search Audio Conferencing. Now, click on the Edit beside the Audio Conferencing option.
- Go to the Audio Conferencing pane.
- In the toll-free and toll number lists, you can select the number.
Step 8: Send Meeting Invitations
In the final step, the service number set for a particular user will be included in the meeting invitations automatically. These will then be sent to all the meeting attendees.
These are the steps you can follow to set up Teams meeting with a call-in or dial-in number. The steps are easy to follow and don’t require much knowledge of technical aspects. Now, setting up audio conferencing is simple and hassle-free.