Do you want to schedule meetings in Microsoft Teams? That is one of the most fundamental aspects of using Microsoft Teams. Anyone using it for work purposes must know how to schedule meetings in Microsoft Teams.
How to Schedule Meetings in Microsoft Teams?
This article will discuss the different ways to schedule meetings in Microsoft Teams. We will help you manage other aspects such as adding a co-organizer, assigning categories, and much more that will help you plan a meeting better.
We will be covering the following topics as mentioned below in this article:
- Schedule Meeting in Desktop App
- Add a Co-organizer
- Assign Categories to Microsoft Teams Meetings
- Invite External Team Members
- Make Channel Meeting
- Schedule Meeting in Channel Calendar
- Schedule Meeting in Mobile App
Follow these three ways to set up an instant conference or schedule a meeting in Microsoft Teams. When scheduling a meeting, always make sure you have set the correct date and time. Also, make sure you signed in using the right account.
1. How to Schedule Meetings in Microsoft Teams via Desktop?
Are you using a desktop app to use Teams? Here are the different ways to schedule Microsoft Teams meetings in the Desktop app.
- Go to the Chat tab from the left pane in the Microsoft Teams desktop app. Click on Schedule a Meeting in the chat. It will enable you to organize a meeting with individuals in the conversation.
- Choose the Calendar option present on the left part of the app. Select the New Meeting option from the right pane. Here, you need to set up the time in the calendar.
- You will find the scheduling form popping up. You can use the scheduling assistant to fix a time that is the best for everyone. Click on the Save button once done.
- The scheduling form will close, and the invite is sent to the Outlook inbox for all members.
2. How to Add a Co-organizer?
To facilitate the easy management of the meeting, add co-organizers to the meeting. It is usually done after the people are invited to the meeting. You need to add the people you want as attendees before including co-organizers.
Here are the steps you can follow to do so:
- Go to your meeting. A pop-up box will appear. Click on the Edit option.
- You will be directed to the Meeting Details page. Click on Meeting Options on the top-right.
- It will open a page in your default browser named Meeting Options. Select the arrow next to Choose co-organizers option. Here, you will need to select the name of the co-organizer.
- Scroll down a little and click on the Save button for the changes to take effect.
And that is how you can add a co-organizer to your meeting.
3. How to Assign Categories to Microsoft Teams Meetings?
Each meeting in Microsoft Teams can be categorized. You can add categories (one or more) to every meeting in the calendar. You can assign categories to meetings in different ways.
- Choose Category when you are scheduling the meeting. It is present at the top part of the scheduling form.
- Please select the event you want in your calendar and right-click on it. Tap on Categorize and then assign a color to it.
4. How to Invite External Teams in Microsoft Teams Meetings?
Microsoft Teams allows people outside your company to be invited. Even if these people are not a Teams license holders, you can still invite them. All you need is their email address.
Check out the steps outlined here:
- Go to the Meetings Details page. Click on Add Required Attendees box.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to invite.
- In the case of optional attendees, you need to choose Optional.
- Once done, you can click on Send button on the top right corner of the app.
And that is how you can easily invite people who are not in your organization. The person whose email id you entered gets the link for the meeting via email.
5. How to Set Up a Channel Meeting?
To set up the channel meeting, follow these steps below:
- Go to Calendar Tab from the left pane. Click on New Meeting.
- Under the Add Channel tab, enter the channel name.
It is essential to understand that the channels cannot be added or edited once you have sent the invite. But if you do decide to make any edits, in that case, you will have to send a new invite.
After adding the people that need to be present for the meeting, click on Scheduling Assistant to get a perfect time.
In case of a recurring meeting, you need to click on the arrow next to the Does Not Repeat option. You can choose how often you want the channel meeting to occur or select custom if you don’t find the appropriate choice.
6. How to Schedule Meetings in the Channel Calendar?
Did you know that you can schedule meetings in the channel calendar too? Here are the steps that you need to follow that will help you do so:
- Select Add New Event option present on the top part of the calendar.
- Click and move the cursor to the calendar to set up the time.
- Another way to do it is to press the arrow beside Meet now. After that, click on Schedule Meeting.
It will lead to the opening of the scheduling form and the channel. Now, you can add individuals to it or the Outlook group.
It is essential to understand that no one will have access to this channel calendar outside the group. Third parties will need a meeting invite to join it.
7. How to Schedule Meetings in Microsoft Teams via Mobile App?
You can also use your smartphone to schedule meetings in Microsoft Teams. Steps will be almost identical in both iOS or Android app versions. Take a look at the steps below to do so:
- Open the app. Go to Calendar present on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the Schedule a Meeting option.
- Tap on Add Participants from here. Choose the people you want to invite.
- Select Share to a channel. Now, you need to select the channel where you want to have the meeting.
- You can also skip the channel section if you don’t want it.
- Set the event’s start and end timing, along with a short description.
- Tap on Done, and the meeting is scheduled.
That is how you can use Android or iOS devices to schedule meetings in Microsoft Teams app.
So, that is how you can set up a remote meeting in Microsoft Teams. With Teams, you also can set up recurring meetings, invite users who are not in a team or channel, and more. Also, check out some of the best Microsoft Teams tips and tricks.
How to Create a Meeting in Microsoft Teams using Desktop App
Before you start, make sure that you’re signed in to a Microsoft account. Here’s how you can set up a Microsoft Teams meeting via the Desktop or the web application.
- Open the Desktop or the Web version of Microsoft Teams and navigate the Calendar section from the left navigation pane.
- Find and click on the Meet Now button present at the top right.
- You will now be asked to name the meeting. Do it as you wish.
- One can also turn ON/OFF the toggles for Microphone and Video to activate or disable the services when joining the meeting.
- With this, you’ll find that you have successfully started a Teams meeting.
- To invite people to the meeting, head over to the Participants tab (which could be found in the floating menu bar at the bottom) and copy the URL to the meeting by clicking on the Copy icon present right next to the Invite Someone field.
How Many Can Be On a Teams Meeting at One Teams End Meeting?
Teams End Meetings allows up to 250 participants simultaneously for an instant or scheduled meeting.
How to Use Teams to Join a Meeting?
You can use several ways to join a meeting from the Teams app or Teams on the web. You can either join a meeting using the URL or from your calendar. You can also join a meeting from a channel or directly from the chat. Some meetings can be joined by using a mobile number, especially if you can’t use Teams apps.
How Can I Invite 150 People to a Microsoft Team?
To invite people to join meetings on the Microsoft team, you need to select Chat or Teams followed by Invite people on the left side of the app. After that, invite your contacts by choosing the email ID from your contacts. You can manually add an email ID for whom you want to invite if not on your contacts list.