Vertical tabs are a great feature present in the Edge browser that Microsoft is currently working on improving. Vertical tabs also make it simple to switch between tabs. However, when with vertical tabs in Microsoft Edge, you also get a title bar that appears at the top of the window. This title bar serves no purpose since it displays the same information displayed in the left tabs (the site title). This post will guide you to hide the title bar in vertical tabs mode in the Edge browser.
How To Show or Hide Title Bar in Vertical Tabs Mode in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge now provides settings to make it easy to hide the title bar when utilizing vertical tabs. You may now disable the browser’s title bar through a context menu and the browser’s settings.
- Hide Title Bar Using Context Menu (Right-Click Menu)
- Show or Hide Title Bar via Settings
It’s important to note that you must have vertical tabs enabled in Edge for this to operate.
1] Hide Title Bar Using Context Menu (Right-Click Menu)
Here’s the quickest method to hide the title bar in vertical tabs mode in the Edge browser. It’s worth noting that users can’t use this approach to re-enable the title bar.
- Start by opening the Microsoft Edge on your computer.
- Next, right-click on the title bar present at the top to bring up the context menu.
- Now, choose to Hide Title Bar from the list of options.
2] Show or Hide Title Bar via Settings
Microsoft has added a new option in Settings, which lets you hide the Title Bar when Vertical Tabs are in use. Here’s where you can find the option.
- Open Microsoft Edge browser on your computer by searching for the same in the Start Search Box and choosing the Best Match.
- Next, click on the three-dotted icon in the top right corner and choose Settings from the drop-down. You could also press the ALT + F keys on the keyboard to open the dropdown and press S to open the Settings page.
- Now, navigate to the Appearance section from the left navigation pane.
- Here, enable the toggle for Hide title bar while in vertical tabs present under Customize toolbar. As the name suggests, this will hide the title bar.
- To bring it back, turn it back on, turn the toggle off, and it will be back to normal.
That said, what do you prefer: keeping the title bar shown or hidden? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.
How Do I Show or Hide the Title Bar on Older Versions of Microsoft Edge?
Enter edge://flags in the address bar of an older version of Microsoft Edge and press Enter. Next, look for the Vertical tabs hide title bar flag. Finally, choose Enabled to conceal the title bar from the menu and Disabled or Default to restore it.
How Do I Turn Off Vertical Tabs in Edge?
Well, if you’d like to switch back to the horizontal or traditional method of using a browser, here’s what you can do.
Navigate to Microsoft Edge > three-dotted icon > Settings > Appearance section > click on the Turn off button present right next to Show vertical tabs for all current browser windows under Customize toolbar and finally restart your browser.
How Do I Reset Microsoft Edge to Its Default Factory Settings?
You may need to reset Microsoft Edge if it is suffering sluggish performance, crashes, or if you notice strange emergence of adware, toolbars, or popups. Here’s how you can reset Edge to its factory settings.
Open the Edge browser > click on the three-dotted icon > choose Settings from the drop-down > tap on Reset Settings from the left navigation pane. Finally, click on Restore settings to their default values and choose Reset in the pop-up.