Bookmarks or Favourites in Microsoft Edge are an essential part of the browser. They need to be regularly synced across devices, so you don’t have to remember all the essential websites. Favorites help you keep track of just that. You can sync Edge Favourites across multiple devices and even different browsers on the same computer. In this article, we will tell you how to sync Microsoft Edge Favourites in Windows 11/10. Make sure you stay tuned thill the end of this article.
How to Sync Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 11/10
We have covered all you need to know about syncing favorites in Microsoft Edge. Here’s all that is in the article:
- Sync With Other Devices
- Sync Favourites and Bookmarks From Other Browsers Into Edge
- Import Bookmarks From Microsoft Edge to Google Chrome
Let’s look at the steps for each of these.
1] Sync Microsoft Edge Favourites With Other Devices
Microsoft Edge Sync is a fantastic feature that allows you to access your browsing data across your signed-in devices. After signing in to Microsoft Edge and enabling Sync, you can browse the web on one device and pause or stop or resume on another device. Let’s look at the steps:
- To sync Microsoft edge Favourites across devices, you should be logged in with a Microsoft account on Windows. Head over to Windows settings and add your Microsoft account by selecting accounts from the left pane.
- Now, open Microsoft Edge. In the browser’s top bar, click the profile icon/image.
- Then, under Manage profile settings, select Sync.
- Turn on sync by clicking the Turn on Sync button on Your profile page.
- To enable Sync, toggle on Favourites and then click Confirm. You can also toggle other items like history, extensions, settings, passwords, etc.
2] Sync Favourites and Bookmarks From Other Browsers Into Edge
To shift from other browsers to Edge, you need to sync all the bookmarks to Edge. Here’s how you can do it:
- Launch Microsoft Edge. Download and install the most recent version of the Edge browser if you don’t already have it.
- Click on the Favourites icon in the top bar or press the Ctrl+shift+O keyboard shortcut.
- In the Favourites menu, select import Favourites from the triple dot menu.
- Choose the browser from which you want to import your Favourites in the new tab that appears.
- You’ll find the Choose what to import heading below your profile name.
- Check the box next to Favourites or bookmarks under that heading, i.e., Choose what to import (listed at the beginning).
- If necessary, select additional items and click the Import button at the very bottom of the Import browser data window.
- When the import is finished, you will receive a notification.
- Choose Done
3] Import Bookmarks From Microsoft Edge to Google Chrome
Chrome is the most popular and widely used browser, and you may want to sync your Microsoft Edge Favourites with Chrome. Below are the steps for that; you can use the same set of steps to sync Microsoft edge Favourites with other Chromium-based browsers the settings are more or less the same.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the window.
- From the drop-down menu, go to Bookmarks>Import Bookmarks and Settings.
- There will be a few options on the drop-down menu in the new window. Select Microsoft Edge.
- Select Favourites/ Bookmarks under the items to import heading.
- Click on the Import button.
To Manually Import bookmarks from an HTML file, follow these steps:
- Firstly, export Favourites from Edge by accessing the Favourites menu, then selecting the Export Favourites option. It will save the Edge Favourites in an HTML file at your selected location.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the triple-dot icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- From the triple-dot menu, go to Bookmarks > Import Bookmarks and Settings.
- There will be a few options on the drop-down menu in the new window. Select Bookmarks HTML File.
- Now select the location to add bookmarks and select the Open button.
- Click on the Done button.
That was all for our article on how to sync Edge Favourites in Windows 11/10. Keeping your browsers in sync is crucial since it can save you time while browsing. You can continue from where you left on the other device, visit a previously visited website from a device on another device, and a lot more. We hope you liked the article. Please make sure you share it with everyone.
How To Create A New Favourite on Microsoft Edge?
Open Microsoft Edge and click on the star icon with the list to open the favorites menu from the top right corner. In the favorites menu, you’ll see add to favorites icon. Click on it to add the current webpage to the favorites. Once you’ve completed the steps, it will add the new folder or link to the list. If you created it in the wrong section, you can always drag and drop the item in the favorite bar or any other folder.
How To Modify a Favorite or Folder in Microsoft Edge?
Open the Favourites menu in Microsoft edge by clicking on the star icon in the top right. In the menu, right-click the favorite or folder you wish to edit. Do the edits you want to and click on save.
The item will be saved with the new changes after completing the steps. You can also edit items by selecting Edit from the context menu when right-clicking a link or folder.