PIN lock is one of the ways to keep private data safe on your Windows 10 Mobile, but if you forget it, there is no way to recover it. You will need to hard reset your phone, and do everything again. That’s is what most of us know, but there is a way out.In this guide, I will share how you can Unlock a Locked Windows 10 Mobile with Forgotten PIN
How to Unlock a Locked Windows 10 Mobile with Forgotten PIN
Find My Phone feature on Windows 10 Mobile allows you to remotely lock your phone with a PIN of your own choice. As long as the phone has an active internet connection, you can reset your PIN lock remotely. If you never enabled Find my Phone feature, the only option is to reset your device. So let’s find out how you can Unlock a Locked Windows 10 Mobile with Forgotten PIN!!
Enable Find my Phone:
- Settings > Update and Recovery > Find my Phone
- Toggle the options which will save your device location periodically & more often.
- Make sure you have a SIM in the phone, and it works.
How to remotely change the PIN
Let’s say you forgot your PIN, and have entered multiple times with no success. Windows 10 Mobile blocks you out, and sometimes even asks you to restart the phone before trying again.
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices and select your device.
- Click on Find My Phone. The next page gives you the option to Ring, Lock, and Erase.
- Click on Lock. Here you can set a six-digit PIN, along with a message and an optional contact number.
- Click on Lock again, and your phone should get locked with a new PIN.
- Use the new PIN to unlock.
Interesting to note:
- Instead of 4 digit PIN lock, Windows 10 Mobile now has six digit PIN lock, along with an option to use a number. Windows Phone 8.1 has four-digit PIN lock with only option to send a message.
- The phone restarts once the new PIN is remotely set.
So the first thing I would recommend anybody when setting up their Windows 10 Mobile would be to enable Find my Phone feature, even if it’s not a full proof option to find your lost phone.