After Microsoft announced Windows 10 ARM devices, HP was one of the OEMs, and two of their devices specification where leaked a couple of days back. While the devices are expected to appear in 2018, I am guessing at CES and MWC, it’s interesting to find that they have already passed through FCC certification.
The device is right now named as TPN-Q198, which was approved on the 15th December 2017. If HP is waiting to launch the device next year, I am expecting it will do it around the next major update aka “Spring Update” (Redstone 4) which will have new features around ARM, especially enterprise based.
As MSPU noticed, it was also recently approved by GSM Global Certification Forum, which lists the very large number of bands covered by the Qualcomm radio in the laptop.
Talking about specifications:
- Powered by Snapdragon 835 processor, 8 GB RAM, and 256 GB storage.
- It’s going to be only 6.9 mm thick and will be lightweight at 1.54 pounds.
- 12 inch full HD screen with Gorilla Glass 4.
- USB-C port with SIM card, and memory card slot.
- 13-megapixel rear camera and headphone jack.