OneNote has a secure integration with Windows 10 both on software and hardware level, especially if you are using a Surface Pen. EverNote compared to OneNote is limited and is limited to two devices. Also, you require Evernote Plus or Premium to sync across your devices. So, if you have all your notes on EverNote and want to move them to OneNote, then we will help you. In this post, we will share how you can import Evernote to OneNote or export your notebooks on Evernote to OneNote.
How to Import your Notes from Evernote to OneNote
Now, if you were using Evernote which is one of the best Note-taking apps, you would want to transfer Evernote notebooks to OneNote, and copying and pasting each note to OneNote is a heck of a task. And if you have multiple Notebooks then better forget about it! In this case, this handy tool called Evernote2Onenote comes to help. It lets you import all your notes to OneNote in a few simple steps. Have a look at the steps below.
- Evernote2Onenote does not require installation. It can be run from any place. Just double-click on the file to run it.
- It requires the .NET Framework 4.6. You can get this via Windows Update or directly from here.
- Evernote2Onenote requires that both Evernote and OneNote are installed on your system. Also, at least OneNote 2013 or 2016 is required.
- You will need a desktop version of both the apps should be installed, and not the Store app.
Using the app
Start Evernote2Onenote, then select the notebook you want to import into OneNote from the combo box. Then click on the Start button and wait until the importing is finished.
Using Command Prompt
- Open Run Prompt (Win + R), type cmd, and then press Enter key.
- Type Evernote2Onenote.exe <NotebookName> <Date>. E.g. Evernote2Onenote.exe Grocery list 01-01-2015
- Specify the notebook to import and the date from which on notes should be imported. Don’t forget to specify date else; everything will be imported.
That’s it! Now enjoy all your Evernote notes on OneNote.
Evernote2Onenote is an open-source application for Windows. You can get the source code from the SourceForge project page. The source is in a subfolder for the EvImSync project since a lot of the code is similar to that project.
Not a developer? and want the compiled application, then get it from here.
2] Official Evernote to OneNote mover
- Download the tool from OneNote official website
- Launch, and then select the Evernote Notebooks you wish to import and click Next.
- Sign-in using your Microsoft account.
- During the import, the tool will page by page replica and organize them into respective notebooks.
- You can also choose to use Evernote Tags to organize or import and use it later.
- Click View notes in OneNote to sort and better organize your notes and notebooks.
I hope the software was easy to use, and you were able to Import/export Evernote notebooks to OneNote.