If you are in India and hate going to website or calling the Station numbers to find Train Status or PNR of your ticket, for Windows Phone users now have an app, Indian Rail Guide, for that. This app works exactly the same as the official Indian Railway Website does but this is much easier when your don’t have a computer around or using browser on your mobile for it is a fuss.
Indian Rail Guide App Features :
- PNR Check : You can check your ticket status and the result is displayed in tabulated format having Status during booking and the current status.
- Live Status for Trains : Based on train no or name and date you choose you can check where the train is. For each station listed you can see arrival time and delays.
- Train Schedule : For any train you can find the details of starting time / station, destination and in between stations and its timing.
[minigallery id=”1272″ style=”box border box_white”]
What is missing in the App ?
- There is no option to add PNR or Train No to a favorite list. I would love to have this option so i can skip taking out my ticket off the pocket every time.
- Option to send this as email or SMS. If the app can take screenshot of the screen or copy the info to clipboard I can help others who call in an emergency.
For all of these what you should keep in mind is that there can be changes as there are at least 15 to 30 minutes delay which is not the app issue but that’s how the updates come at the official site. So just before leaving you can try calling the official number or even try the SMS service to double check on everything.