Microsoft’s next feature update, Windows 10 2004, is almost on the edge of release. It is available for Windows 10 Insiders and is also available for Release Preview, and RTM is still due in a couple of weeks. While Microsoft is going to further squash the bugs, but it is stable enough to download the update right away. The best part is you get to download the most stable version and choose to stop Windows Updater from downloading until the next stable update arrives. Follow the steps to download and install Windows 10 v2004 right away. It is going to be also called as Windows 10 May 2020 Update. This method applies to any future Feature Update from Microsoft.
How to install Windows 10 v2004 Early (Feature Update)
There will be no point using these step post-Windows 10 v2004 rollout date. In case you still don’t get it, make sure to use it and then opt-out as soon as possible. At a later stage, it will be possible to download and install Windows Update Offline.
1] Sign up for Insiders Build
This program was made so that users can preview the updates of Windows before they have been released, but they are also a way by which you can get an early Windows 10 v2004 Feature Update. The program comes with three levels. The Fast and Slow ring will allow you to preview all the updates much before they are ready for everyone. However, these two rings will carry all errors and bugs of the updates that are part and parcel of the early development.
The Release Preview ring, however, will not have any of these hassles and will provide you with the latest upgrades before everyone else.
To get the upgrade, you will have to do the following steps:
- Open Settings using Win + I, and then navigate to Update and Security > Windows Insider Program
- Click on Get Started Button, and signing with a Microsoft account
- Next, select the Insider Level Release Preview. The computer will restart after making a choice.
- Once the Restart is complete, go to Windows 10 Update, and click on Check for update button.
- It will start downloading the update right away.
Once done, you will start getting all the new updates before everyone else. However, you may have to wait for 24 hours before your device starts getting these updates. In case you have already enrolled yourself, you might already have the Feature update. Check it by going to Settings > System > About.
2] Next Step, Stop Insider Preview Builds or Stop getting Preview Builds
Release Preview is the safest way to get all the updates. Now that you downloaded and installed the Windows 10 v2004Feature Update, it is wise to quick the Insider Preview build before Microsoft starts rolling out builds for the next major update. Along with this, you also have another option that can Stop future preview builds until the next major release of Windows Feature Update. We will share both the methods
Quit Windows Insider
- Go to Settings.
- Click the Upgrade and Security button available.
- You will now have to click on the Windows Insider Program.
- Next, you need to select the Stop Insider Preview Builds button or Click on your account and unlink it.
- Click on the Restart button and then the Restart Now button, which will restart your device and change the savings.
Stop Future Preview Builds
- Go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Insider
- Toggle the button under “Stop getting preview builds.”
When you turn on this option, Insider System will opt your device out of flighting when the next major release of Windows 10 is installed.
I hope the post was easy, and you were able to install Windows 10 v2004 aka Windows 10 May 2020 Update using Windows Insiders.