LastPass, the popular password management software, has rolled out it’s in-house Two Factor Authenticator app which aims to not only support LastPass, but also other services, aiming to become one stop solution those who use LastPass all the time. The app has been rolled out to Windows 10 Mobile, Android and iOS. Surprisingly the Windows 10 version is not universal.
- You choose how to login: The app supports 6-digit generated passcodes, SMS codes, and automated push notifications that let you approve or deny a login in one tap.
- You can use LastPass Authenticator anywhere Google Authenticator is supported.
- Leverage what you already have: You always have your smartphone with you, so there’s no need to keep track of extra devices.
- Add more security: Protect from man-in-the-middle attacks by utilizing a different channel than your primary authentication (where your username and password are submitted).
- Generates 6-digit codes every 30 seconds.
- Push notifications for one-tap approval.
- Automated set-up via QR code .
- Support for LastPass account.
- Support for other TOTP-compatible services and apps (including any that support Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator)
Here is one thing you should know before you completely get on board with this app, you don’t have option to Sync across devices. So you will always need your phone. This is one feature many are looking forward to, and without which there is no real deal to switch to LastPass Authenticator even if the experience is great. I have at least 4-5 accounts and setting them again without sync is of no use.