There was a time when computer devices used to take 4 to 5 minutes for booting completely, but now the situation has totally changed and they wake up in just a few seconds with the latest Windows 10 operating system. However, many users still complain about the slow booting process of their PCs, which is really annoying because Microsoft has already done a lot of hard work to reduce time, and make Windows 10 PC Boot Faster.
How to make Windows 10 PC Boot Faster
Here in this guide, we would discuss various factors that are actually responsible for the slow boot process of Windows 10 system and will also provide easy solutions that can help you to get the welcome screen faster than ever without any complication. So, without further adieu, have a look at some of the easiest ways to boot up your Windows 10 system faster than ever.
Disable Irrelevant Services
We are talking about those services that load automatically when the system boots up. If they are more in number or huge in size then they can surely affect the speed that’s why it is important to find out and disable any service which is not required all the time.
- Hold the Windows Key and press R to get the Run box or, right click on the Start Button and select Run from the list
- Type msconfig and hit enter
- You will get the System Configuration Utility Window, click on the Services tab at the top
- Check the box that says ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’
- Now only other service will appear, you can either select some of them or click on ‘Disable All’ at the bottom
- Click on Apply, then Ok and reboot the computer to see the effect.
Few people don’t use Windows Media Center so they can remove these services from the list of Microsoft services too
- Windows Media Center Receiver
- Windows Media Center Scheduler service
You can also disable start-up items from the Windows task manager. To open task manager, you need to just do a right click on the start button and select it from the list. You can always enable start-up services back.
Switch on Fast Start-up
As we said earlier, Windows 10 includes a remarkable feature that boosts the startup process as well as the shutdown time of your PC. Let’s see how to switch/turn it on.
- Right-click on the Start Button and select Control Panel from the list
- Head to System and Security > Power Options
- On the left side of that screen, you will find an option ‘Choose what the power buttons do’, click on it.
- Click on ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’
- On the next screen under the Shutdown Settings, you will find an option Turn on fast startup (recommended). Put a checkmark next to it.
- Click on Save Changes.
- In case if the option to turn on fast start-up doesn’t appear then you need to enable Hibernate first which also appear at the same place under the Shutdown Settings, put a check mark on it first and sane changes. You can also turn on Hibernate in Windows 10 through command prompt.
- Right Click on Start Button and choose Command prompt (admin) from the list
- Type powercfg /hibernate on in the command prompt and hit Enter.
Uninstall Unwanted Applications
Many software gets installed in the system during net surfing and users don’t even come to know about it. At times we also install some heavy applications for a temporary use and later on stop using them. Such unnecessary items don’t just occupy extra space on your computers hard drive, but also slow down the performance of the device. So, it is advisable to remove that software that is not required anymore.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs
- Select Programs and features
- Now you will get a list of all the applications that are installed in your system, go through it.
- To remove a program from the list, click on it
- At the top option to Uninstall will appear, click on it and confirm the removal after that.
- Reboot the system to see the effect.
Few applications do not get uninstalled easily, so you can take help of any 3rd party uninstaller/removal tool for them.
Clean Registry and System
We do not advise customers to make any change in the registry manually if they are not a technical expert. Instead, use well-recognized PC cleanup utilities like Piriform’s Ccleaner. They can automatically scan the computer and removes clutter from the various sections as well as the registry. There are tools available to fix registry errors and delete cookies, log files and index files which eventually reduce the booting time.
Starting with the Anniversary Update, Windows 10 has become more advanced. Normally it loads faster than previous versions, but in case your PC doesn’t show the welcome screen within a few seconds then you can try these steps.
Those who have good technical knowledge can also configure BIOS. You can disable those devices that do not require checks up by the firmware of the system. This may reduce the time by a few seconds. Increasing the Memory can also affect the overall speed of the computer.
We hope that these steps will help you make Windows 10 PC Boot Faster without any problems.