Having a pen to use is a great comfort for most of us. While many of the tablets allow us to use the pen technology with ease, using it on Windows can be a very complicated issue. However, for people who are used to using a pen for their various tasks. The Windows Ink experience is going to help people use the pen with ease on their devices. Several Windows Ink supported features have been added to Windows 10, which will help the users to use the pen features with utmost comfort to get things done smoothly and efficiently. In this post, we will share how you can make Windows Ink Experience better by enabling Hidden Features.
How to make Windows Ink Experience better by enabling Hidden Features
These options or features are buried under the settings and not easy to locate. Because of this reason, you might not be able to use Windows Ink efficiently. To make the Windows Ink experience better, there are a few features that have to be enabled.
- Disable Pen Cursor while using Windows Ink
- Enable Windows Ink above the Lock Screen
- Enable Insights for Sticky Notes
- Write with Fingertip
This article will be covering all those Windows Ink features that make it better just by allowing them.
1] Disable Pen Cursor while using Windows Ink
The pen is a hugely simplified method by which you can work on your Windows 10 computer or device. However, you must have seen that it comes with a pen cursor, which inevitably has a different look than that of the original cursor. It may pose to be a distraction to many. With the Windows Anniversary Update, you can now get rid of this pen cursor in case you feel that it is not of any use to you. Here’s how you can get rid of the annoying pen cursor using Windows Ink.
- Go to the Settings option that is available on your Windows device and click it to open.
- Once the Settings is open, you can now click on to the Device option that is available in the Settings menu to open it.
- You will get an option known as the Pen & Windows Ink options. You have to open this option.
- You will get several options when you open this option, among which you will also get the Show Cursor option.
- You have to turn that switch off to get rid of the cursor.
Now you can use your Surface pen with ease and also any other pen that you might find handy, and you will not see the annoying cursor anymore. Give it a try, and we are sure you will love it.
2] Enable Windows Ink above the Lock Screen
Using the various features of Windows Ink when you are signed in to your very own account is smooth as a cakewalk. But what if the screen is locked and you still need to use the Windows Ink feature? Well, not to panic, you can do that too with ease. To enable the Windows Ink feature on your locked screen so that you don’t have to sign in every time you need to use them, you need to do the following:
- Go to the Settings option available on your Windows 10 device and open it.
- You will get an option there known as Devices, click onto it to open it.
- Among the various options available there, you will get an opportunity known as Pen & Windows Ink.
- When you go to the Pen shortcut, you will get the Click Once option, which will produce for you a drop-down menu that will help you open up the Windows Ink Workspace.
- You will now have to open the option which states Home that is available in the second drop-down menu. Click on that.
- You will get an option called Click once to open my Windows Ink Workspace notes, even when the device is locked.
- Turn on the toggle switch available with it, and you will be able to use your Windows Ink option even when your screen is locked.
Now, even if your screen is locked off, you can use the various Windows Ink options as and when you think it to be necessary.
3] Enable Insights for Sticky Notes
Sticky Notes have always been a favorite when it comes to windows as it allows you to keep all those forgetful things at the place. The active pen option that is available with the Windows Ink option is said to have increased the utilization of the sticky notes. And another good news is the fact that the Sticky Notes can now be used with the help of Cortana. It is one of the coolest features of the Windows Anniversary Update. However, the only catch is the fact that you have to enable the feature to enjoy the same manually.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Sticky Notes option available on the Windows 10 device and open it.
- Once you click on any one of the notes, you will then see three dots on the top right corner of the open note. Click on to it.
- You will now get the Settings option in the bottom left corner, which will have a drop-down menu.
- You will get an option known as Enable Insights. You need to go there and switch on the toggle switch.
When the toggle switch has been enabled, you have now allowed Cortana to get a view of all your notes, which will enable it to create reminders for you, and you can benefit from the option.
4] Write with Fingertip and fonts you like.
If you do not have your pen around, you can use your fingertip to quickly draw or write down anything. You will have to enable it by going to Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink. Check the box which says—Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip. Here you can also choose the font when using handwriting.
In most cases, the default options for the Windows Ink are perfect for the people. However, it may not fit all of us as we are different from each other. That’s is why Windows 10 brings about the options which allow us to make the settings fit for our use. Customized configurations are always better as we can make the apps work as per our requirement. Even if we do not need the customization, it is good to have options at bay, just in case.
We hope that the hidden features have aided you and helped you to get the best experience out of Windows Ink.