Windows 10 comes with tons of beautiful fonts, which are preinstalled and ready to use. While most of us use the fonts already loaded in the system, some of us prefer downloading and installing fonts from the web. Windows 10 provides a very simple way to install and manage fonts.
Not much has changed since Windows 7 in this regard, the process to install or delete a font is still the same. If you’re not sure if you have any particular font, you can check it by going to Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization> Fonts. In this tutorial I will be telling you how to install and uninstall fonts in your Windows 10 computer. Check out the detailed tutorial below.
How to Install New Fonts
- First step is to download fonts from the internet. If you have already downloaded, then skip this step.
- If the downloaded file is in the form of .zip file then right click on the file and click on Extract Files and save it to your desired location.
- To install the font, double click on the font and click on install. You can also install by right clicking on the font file and then selecting Install.
- Now you can use the font you have just installed in various applications like Word, Paint etc.
- Extract the zip file and install your fonts on your preferred location.
- Copy font file to C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Mainly where you have your Windows 10 installed.
- You can also use third party apps like Font Frenzy, Nexus Font etc.
How to Un-Install Existing Fonts
As Windows comes with a lot of fonts preinstalled, there is always a possibility that it might contain some fonts which you don’t like, and want to delete them from your System. Uninstalling fonts in Windows 10 is pretty simple.
- Navigate to the drive where Windows is installed, then Windows>Fonts. Fonts can also be deleted by navigating to Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization> Fonts.
- Select the font that you want to delete and then click Delete option.