Windows 10 comes with tons of beautiful fonts, which are pre-installed and ready to use. While most of us use the fonts already loaded in the system, some of us prefer downloading and installing fonts from the web. Windows 10 provides a straightforward way to install and manage fonts. In this tutorial, I will be telling you how to install and uninstall fonts in your Windows 10 computer.
How to Install and Uninstall Fonts in Windows 10
Fonts can be found at locations in Windows 10. One is on the old control panel section (Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization>Fonts), while the second is the modern Windows 10 settings.
- Install new fonts
- Un-Install Existing Fonts
If you are not sure if the Font is already available, you can search for it.
How to Install New Fonts in Windows 10
1] Click on the Install button
- The first step is to download fonts from the internet. If you have already downloaded, then skip this step.
- If the downloaded file is in the form of .zip file, then right-click on the file and click on Extract Files and save it to your desired location.
- To install the font, double click to open it, and click on install. You can also install by right-clicking on the font file and then selecting Install.
- Now you can use the font you have just installed in various applications like Word, Paint, etc.
2] Copy new fonts to Fonts folder
- Extract the zip file and install your fonts on your preferred location.
- Copy font file to C:\Windows\Fonts folder.
- You can also use third-party apps like Font Frenzy, Nexus Font, etc.
3] Method 3: Windows 10 Settings
- Open Windows 10 Settings (Win+I)
- Navigate to Personalization > Fonts
- Drag and Drop the font on the target location, and it will be installed.
How to Un-Install Existing Fonts
Windows comes with a lot of fonts preinstalled; there is always a possibility that it might contain some fonts which you don’t like and want to delete them from your System. Uninstalling fonts in Windows 10 is pretty simple.
- Navigate to the drive where Windows is installed, then Windows>Fonts. Fonts can also be deleted by navigating to Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization> Fonts.
- Select the font that you want to delete and then click the Delete option.
The same can be achieved by going to Settings > Personalization > Fonts. Find the font you want to delete, and then click on it. It will open advance settings for that font. Now click on the Uninstall button to remove the font from the system.
We hope the tutorial was easy to understand, and you were able to install and uninstall Fonts from Windows 10.