When it comes to Fitness, Fitbit Blaze is what I always look forward to every morning, followed by an hour of walk. Then comes Cortana which I use for many things including Reminders, Daily Traffic reminders and so on. And todays Microsoft announcement of adding Fitbit Skill to Cortana, had just made me smile!!
Microsoft and Fitbit have partnered together so you can just ask Cortana about your Fitness Goals, Steps, Activity, and so on. This will work on your Android or iPhone, and even on your Windows 10 PC, and if you have Harman Kardon Invoke speaker, it’s coming to it too.
Microsoft announced Cortana Skills Kit in May, and while its restricted the US only, a lot of partners have come in together to get their services on board. Once you have linked your Fitbit account with Cortana, you can simply ask Cortana to get the information you need to stay inspired without having to pull up the Fitbit app or website.
Here is the list of Features that work with Cortana & Fitbit right now.
- “Hey Cortana, Ask Fitbit how am I doing today,” It all read read out your progress – like active minutes you’ve logged, how you slept last night, or the number of calories you’ve burned for any day within the previous week.
- If you are competing in a group challenge or with a friend, you can say, “Hey Cortana, show me my leaderboard,” and Cortana will provide you with the extra motivation to keep you going.
- Apart from this Cortana will also offer words of encouragement to inspire you to meet your goals, with responses that are tailored to the specific time of day.
- Cortana provides you with the convenience of being able to log these activities through voice. You can log in food or water by just saying, “Hey Cortana, Tell Fitbit to log I had an omelet for breakfast,” or “Hey Cortana, Ask Fitbit to log I drank 12 ounces of water,” and Cortana will update your Fitbit account accordingly.
Here are few more:
- “Hey Cortana, ask Fitbit how much water I’ve had today”
- “Hey Cortana, ask Fitbit how many calories do I have left to eat”
- “Hey Cortana, ask Fitbit how many steps do I have left”
- “Hey Cortana, ask Fitbit how many workouts I need to do this week”
This is a great addition to those who use both of them together, and it only makes it better with Voice support. Check out the video below: