As more and more universal app start joining the Microsoft’s dream of One OS One App idea, the best push is coming from the Home team itself. Microsoft’s Translator app has also made its entry after being completely re-written to deliver the same kind of experience on all platforms. Few of my favourite features that the app delivers are Offline Translation and option to Search History and save favourites.
Here is the full list of features that the app can do now:
- A truly responsive and refreshed user-experience that allows you to use it seamlessly across your Windows 10 PC experiences:
- Full screen on your favorite Windows 10 tablet
- Snapped to work alongside an app or website you need translation for on your tablet or laptop
- In a resizable floating window as a companion desktop app for your everyday productivity uses
- The power of the new Windows 10 platform: This app has been rewritten to be a true universal app. The same app with a consistent look and feel will work across all of your Windows 10 devices, from PC to Phone to other Windows 10 powered devices
- Pinning your favorite translations for easy access and the ability to look them up by translation type: text, voice, and camera
- Search history and favorite translations in the handy integrated search bar
- Easy access to the last 3 languages you translated from and to
- Selection of the language dialect for the text-to-speech features is available for Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish so you can always be sure you have the right accent while translating during your travels
- New languages supported for camera translations: Romanian, Serbian Cyrillic, and Slovak
- Support for the newly launched Kiswahili language, including an offline downloadable language pack for all the times you don’t have access to Internet In addition,Kiswahili will be available for online text translation in our Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone apps.